Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Message Board Feature to copy/paste images into posts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Message Board Feature to copy/paste images into posts!

​I'm happy to report that it is now possible to paste and image from the clipboard into a post. YAY! So, no more messing around with uploading attachments or using 3rd party services (like Imgur) to add screenshots and other images to posts. Just copy and paste! You can also resize images after you paste them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1567848

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

YAY!!!!!!!!

Comment

so easy now!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	264
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1567854

Comment

That is really cool! Love it!

Comment

lol... thx!!!!

I literally just brought snipping tool up and saved a pic to upload... hah.. shoulda looked at this post before the other!!!

yay!!!
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Great addition
            ---
            John

Comment

Thanks!
              Don

Comment

Views:	171
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	1569358
                Copy and paste baby!!!​

Comment

HS(macromark),
                  Now, if we just had some simple mark-up tools(circle things, arrows to point to various things on an HS webpage), we could really help new users! I know "give them and inch and they will want a mile"!

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                    HS(macromark),
                    Now, if we just had some simple mark-up tools(circle things, arrows to point to various things on an HS webpage), we could really help new users! I know "give them and inch and they will want a mile"!
                    We use vBulletin as our forum platform and the new features are from their updates, not anything we're doing specifically. FYI

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                      HS(macromark),
                      If you're running Windows it's really easy to do:
                      • Open up Snipping Tool and capture the web page and copy.
                      • Open up Paint and paste, use the mark up tools there.
                      • Copy to clipboard from Paint, then paste into Homeseer forum message.

The below took me less than a minute to do:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	401.3 KB ID:	1569625

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

If you're running Windows it's really easy to do:
                        • Open up Snipping Tool and capture the web page and copy.
                        • Open up Paint and paste, use the mark up tools there.
                        • Copy to clipboard from Paint, then paste into Homeseer forum message.

The below took me less than a minute to do:

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	401.3 KB ID:	1569625
                        Thanks TC1, I'll give it a try next time.

Comment

Snagit from Techsmith is $50 US and does a GREAT job of Capturing and then Editing images for documentation, instructional use, etc. I use it for work and will be getting it for home at some point. Just keep chasing that $ to other shiny home automation things...
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events
                          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                            Snagit from Techsmith is $50 US and does a GREAT job of Capturing and then Editing images for documentation, instructional use, etc. I use it for work and will be getting it for home at some point. Just keep chasing that $ to other shiny home automation things...
                            I agree Snagit is a great tool, having used it in the past. But the built-in tools in Windows have evolved and the only thing Snagit saves you (IMO) is the one step of having to C&P from the capture tool to the markup tool. And the Windows tools are free, which allows one to buy shiny home automation things

Comment

Snagit has the added Steps, Blurring for better looking images, the Cut Out option for removing areas not needed in a visible format, and I much prefer using their Callouts for bubbles grouping the text with a pointer which you can actually adjust. Yes, Paint can help add some information and is free, but is very limiting. Plus Snagit allows you to capture, jus tnot Edit video. (My intention is to get the full blown Camtasia/Snagit combo so I can also edit video, else I would actually have Snagit now. .)

I forgot Techsmith had Jing! It was free and is now changed over to Capture. The image below was done with Capture. From the image capture (using a nice magnifier to zero it in) to the edit in one free tool. It is very basic in that there is only a rectangular Callout and Shape as well as only 8 colors, though. Can't set the opacity of a highlight either.

Views:	150
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1569654
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                              X