Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TouchBB has been removed

[UPDATE 1/12/13 Tapatalk has been enabled on this message board]

I did try updating the TouchBB script on the server, but its broken. It allows users to read forums that are marked as closed. Until they fix that, I will have to leave this disabled.

You can read the forums with any RSS reader on your iPhone or Droid phone, just point the RSS reader to:

http://forums.homeseer.com/external.php
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

While RSS lets you see the latest few posts, it's not really a solution. You can't reply, read other posts, attach pictures, etc.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
      While RSS lets you see the latest few posts, it's not really a solution. You can't reply, read other posts, attach pictures, etc.
      Originally posted by rjh
      .. It allows users to read forums that are marked as closed ..
      You cannot reply to a closed thread, so as an interim solution, RSS reading a closed thread seems a decent one to me.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
        You cannot reply to a closed thread, so as an interim solution, RSS reading a closed thread seems a decent one to me.
        Not sure I understand the point. The RRS feeds I see are just a firehose of the latest posts period. If you click on one it opens the whole thing up in a real browser which is not the point. Scrolling and panning to read this forum is an unpleasant at best experience.

I poked around in their forums and looked for someone talking about this "bug" and didn't find much. If it's there have you reported it to them? Is there a thread there I can follow to let you know when they've fixed it? Or put some pressure on them to fix it?

Any word on the other software TapaTalk? Maybe that doesn't have these kind of bugs.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I have to chime in on this as well. I really miss being able to read the forums when I'm out, especially if it's a quick impromptu overnight. I did try the RSS feeds but it's a very poor substitute. I did get an updated app 2 days ago, I have no idea what it updated as HomeSeer Forums was really the only thing I had setup on it so far.

If the TapaTalk app works I'll happily change over and use that instead.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Any chance of activating the tapatalk plugin?

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
              Any chance of activating the tapatalk plugin?

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
              Yeah. Come on... Enable tapatalk, please.

,Dolfren

Comment

I can have a look.

Originally posted by dolled View Post
                Yeah. Come on... Enable tapatalk, please.

,Dolfren

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  I can have a look.
                  Nice.

Hopefully you will reply here (positively)

Thanks,
                  Dolfren

Comment

another TouchBB fan

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I can have a look.
                      Any (good) news here?

,Dolfren

Comment

Rich is at CES so it will most likely be a while before he sees/remembers this.

Comment

Another vote for Tapatalk.

Comment

If this is the only problem, let's just get TouchBB to fix this so it can be enabled again.
                            It's a GREAT way to browse the forum and I would probably spend multiple hours / week instead of 0.5 hr per week on the forum.

Go to the TouchBB forum and request them to fix this!

RJH, hope you can also do this or respond, maybe providing more info if that's required.

Cheers
                            DJ
                            Last edited by DJF3; March 9, 2011, 03:53 AM.

Comment

There have been a dozen or so updates to the TouchBB app, for all we know it has been fixed.
                              Marty
                              ------
                              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X