Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email Notifications have Stopped - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Notifications have Stopped - Fixed!

I've got several threads that I started on stuff I've posted (Snevl Latitude and Snevl Sprinklers, for example) where for a while now I have stopped getting email notifications when there are new posts. When I look at the thread tools, my choice is only to unsubscribe, so the board thinks I'm subscribed.

Anyone else seeing this?

Steve

check your spam folder
    for the first time today, I got one that went to spam

Comment

Well nothing has been going to my spam folder (except spam).

I did get the email about your reply, so it works sometimes.

Comment

Since the board has moved to a new server, I have lost all email notifications for subscribed threads...and yes I have checked my ISP's spam box.

Are others still getting emails?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Since the board has moved to a new server, I have lost all email notifications for subscribed threads...and yes I have checked my ISP's spam box.

Are others still getting emails?

I am not. Not a single one.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

This can happen on VB if the mailqueue is clogged up. They need to check the Email Options and make sure MailQueue is set and the number of emails isn't set too large (I use 50). They may be using a different SMTP email server now, so it may be sensitive to large batches.

Z

Comment

I join the gang, email notifications have stopped, only HS Sale notifications coming through.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

This is because the board was hacked and the hacker was using the board to send spam messages to several message board users. This was one of the reasons for the message board upgrade but that turned out to be a mess as well.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Instant notification is an internal forum function, so not technically hackable. You should be able to keep it operational and still turn off member "spamming".

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    This is because the board was hacked and the hacker was using the board to send spam messages to several message board users. This was one of the reasons for the message board upgrade but that turned out to be a mess as well.
                    Thanks for the information Rupp. Are you saying that email notifications will be disabled for good?
                    Jon

Comment

Yep no more notifications. I have come to rely on them since I have a lot of forums
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Same here, was about to post or email something to HS folks that I wasn't receiving notifications anymore since the forum move back and forth.

So what do we do? Unsubscribe and re-subscribe?

Comment

Looks like a problem with selinux on the new server, I am looking into it. I will post when its fixed.

Comment

Emails should be working now, please post if you see any issues.

Comment

Rich, I started getting daily (morning) Forum emails after you posted and now they've stopped again...
                              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Working...
                              X