Why was this thread deleted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was this thread deleted?

Anyone know why this thread was deleted? I was searching for an issue I'm having and it looks like the thread contained some info that might help. Any way to get it back?
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Anyone know why this thread was deleted? I was searching for an issue I'm having and it looks like the thread contained some info that might help. Any way to get it back?
    Perhaps it was deleted because of this announcement on the home page of the message board:
    **ITMPORANT** This message board is for user-to-user support. If you require direct HomeSeer support, please review the options on our main website support page.

(and BTW, I did not misspell "Important". It was posted that way.

Comment

Here is a cached first page.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

The other three pages are in the wind.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
        Perhaps it was deleted because of this announcement on the home page of the message board:
        **ITMPORANT** This message board is for user-to-user support. If you require direct HomeSeer support, please review the options on our main website support page.

Ha! Yeah, the group it was in is HS3PRO Discussion - like, general discussion. I searched for DataSetExtensions and the google response looked promising for my issue.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Here is a cached first page.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

The other three pages are in the wind.
        Thanks for trying.

I suspect something mildly derogatory was posted, Rupp took offense, and "threw the baby out with the bath water". Shame since there might have been helpful information in there.
        I have since found the solution to the VBNC DataSetExtension issue I was having.
        Last edited by rmasonjr; October 6, 2014, 07:18 PM. Reason: found solution elsewhere

Comment

I suspect something mildly derogatory was posted, Rupp took offense, and "threw the baby out with the bath water". Shame since there might have been helpful information in there.
          I have since found the solution to the VBNC DataSetExtension issue I was having.
          I have no idea if this is true, but if it is it is troubling. I thought we had gotten past deleting threads several months ago. It especially irks me as I remember participating in that thread.

The way to do it is to close the thread with a final post explaining why it was closed - then it becomes a "teachable moment". If someone in the thread violated the TOS or Site Guidelines, the single post should be deleted and the author warned.

There is nothing that will cause anarchy or member abandonment faster than heavy handed moderation.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

^^^^ I agree - delete the offending post, not the whole thread. When my search found that thread, someone had the same issue I was having and now no one will benefit from it.

Comment

^^^^ I agree - delete the offending post, not the whole thread. When my search found that thread, someone had the same issue I was having and now no one will benefit from it.
              But some of us remember the potential offending posts contained in that thread. They can't take away our memories.

Comment

But some of us remember the potential offending posts contained in that thread. They can't take away our memories.
                I LOL'd :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I had to look up "threw the baby out with the bath water" as I never heard that expression before.

There is a wiki for everything these days. (not knowing if it is correct though).

Throw out the baby with the bath water is an idiomatic expression and a concept used to suggest an avoidable error in which something good is eliminated when trying to get rid of something bad, or in other words, rejecting the essential along with the inessential.

A slightly different explanation suggests that this flexible catchphrase has to do with discarding the essential while retaining the superfluous because of excessive zeal. In other words, the idiom is applicable not only when throwing out the baby with the bath water, but also when someone might throw out the baby and keep the bath water.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

No, I posted this to clarify the purpose of the board since some new users (and some longtime ones too!) think this is our primary support mechanism. It is not! Thanks for pointing out the typo... that's fixed.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      I had to look up "threw the baby out with the bath water" as I never heard that expression before.

There is a wiki for everything these days. (not knowing if it is correct though).
                      The saying actually comes from the 18th century, when entire families might share the same bath water, first the man of the house, then any other adult men then women, followed by all of the children and finally the baby. By this time the water would be quite murky and there was the danger of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thank you Greg.

Yup I could see that happening back in 18th Century.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Wow. You've been into home automation for a long time.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
                          X