Pool Temperature Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHughes View Post
    The Orca has been designed to be a universal device. It has been based off of the requirements I had to run my pool.
    The Orca has both analog and digital in. I plug the pool temp sensor into the analog in. HomeSeer sends the command IP/analogin every five minutes to get the temp reading. I use a standard pool temp sensor (Similar- Pentair 520272). With one Orca can run one 240v pump, get water temp in, control heater. That leaves a digital in. With the switches on the front, can run the pump manually (vacuum pool), or lock them off for service. With the current monitoring, I can check the status of the pump (current in range - running normal, current high - skimmer plugged, current low - leak?, no current - pump not running).
    One Orca can run a simple pool setup, or many other devices. With our pool I need five to run all of the pumps and features.
    While this sounds like a unique product. Waaaay over the top to be a simple pool temp gauge. Oh well...the search continues.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

BlairG,

How is your thermometer holding up?

Does anyone think this one could talk to rfxcom?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Fl...ol+thermometer

Comment

This looks interesting. However, it doesn't ship to Canada or the U.S though...
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Mines working great, Phoenix heat and the salt water is not affecting it. I shou,d have bought several at 50 euros shipping, could have resold them to you guys
          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
          | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
          BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

BlairG,

Lol, wish you had done that too.

langenet,

I will contact them and see if I can get them to ship here. I just need to know if it will work before spending all the money on getting it here. Maybe they can get me more info.

If not I am still looking at the one BlairG purchased.

Comment

Any update on the progress with this item? Availability date? Cost?
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
              X