Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

WINK !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINK !

Will Wink Z Wave controllers from Home Depot work on HS2 systems?

HS2 will see the IP address of my Wink but that's are far as I can get.
    Any suggestions?

FYI: Currently using X-10 controllers and want to add a Wink Controller.

Wink is a hub, a locked down implementation of what Homeseer can do, only a lot less.

I have a Wink Hub (which is only running about half the time because of their **** software.) Originally I had several GE Link (zigbee) light bulbs connected to it, along with a Pivot Power Genius, which is a controllable power strip. Due to the unreliability of the Wink Hub I broke down and picked up a Hue bridge and a couple more light bulbs and interface it to HS with the Jowihue plugin.

The only thing I currently have connected to the Wink hub now is my pivot power genius. There is a workaround if you want to control Wink devices from Homeseer that aren't supported by HS or any of the plugins and that is IFTTT. I created virtual devices for each of the controllable outlets and when I want them off or on HS sends the command to IFTTT which then sends it to the Wink hub. If you are a tasker user there are also some projects out there that control the Wink hub through it's API as well.

I can tell you this and it really isn't part of your question but I feel pretty strongly about it....I have been an HS user since 2001 and in the last few years I have tried Wink and Vera. Partly because I like gadgets and partly because I was looking for a lower cost alternative. You get what you pay for in capabilities AND in support. The Wink is a great idea and it has a lot of useful radios in there. It could have been an awesome controller but unfortunately the company behind it has chosen a different path in how it thinks things should run.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post

I have a Wink Hub (which is only running about half the time because of their **** software.)
      Bahaha. I didn't realize the forum would censor me. Probably a good idea.

Comment

Working...
      X