Need Suggestions for Apollo Gate opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Suggestions for Apollo Gate opener

Does anyone use HS to control a swing arm gate? If so, what are you using to open/close the gate.

I have an Apollo (now Nice Company) gate. I was smart when I built my home and ran a wire from my EDC to the gate control box. The gate opener also comes with their new wireless controller (specs below). The gate runs on 12v and has small motorcycle battery as a backup.

Decoding - "O-Code/A" / "FLOR/A"
    Frequency - 433.92 MHz

I am looking to see if anyone has done this before, and if so, what did you use to control the gate? USB is too far way so I either need to use a 12v switch or find something that run on the same frequency.

I do have a keypad I got at Home Depot on the wall that opens the gate

Thanks for the help.

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

433.92 isn't that the frequency of RFXCOM?
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

If you have Z-wave capability, you can use a Fortrezz MIMOlite device. I use one to remotely control an automatic swing arm gate and to monitor it's open/closed status with a dry contact switch. It was surprisingly easy to set up, and runs off the 12V car battery that powers my gate. The MIMOlite has the ability to act as a momentary switch, just like the signal you'd get from a regular garage door opener.

Since you have a wire to your gate control board already, you could keep the MIMOlite indoors, which would really simplify things. I had to put mine in a waterproof can and mount it to the gate post.

If that won't work for you, I think any of the Z-wave garage door openers on the market could be easily adapted to use with a gate. The downside is that a garage door opener won't have the ability to detect the open-closed status of a horizontal gate. (The one I have on my garage uses a tilt sensor.)

Comment

Originally posted by Patholoraptor View Post
        If you have Z-wave capability, you can use a Fortrezz MIMOlite device. I use one to remotely control an automatic swing arm gate and to monitor it's open/closed status with a dry contact switch. It was surprisingly easy to set up, and runs off the 12V car battery that powers my gate. The MIMOlite has the ability to act as a momentary switch, just like the signal you'd get from a regular garage door opener.

Since you have a wire to your gate control board already, you could keep the MIMOlite indoors, which would really simplify things. I had to put mine in a waterproof can and mount it to the gate post.

If that won't work for you, I think any of the Z-wave garage door openers on the market could be easily adapted to use with a gate. The downside is that a garage door opener won't have the ability to detect the open-closed status of a horizontal gate. (The one I have on my garage uses a tilt sensor.)
        This is great... Thank you. They even have a pdf with how to hook up to Apollo gate. And this is 1/2 the price of RFXCom.
        HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
        X