Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker Host Connection Warning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Speaker Host Connection Warning

    Config:

    Current Date/Time: 10/16/2016 9:37:07 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 18 Hours 1 Minute 23 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.1.2
    Number of Devices: 139
    Number of Events: 23
    Available Threads: 200

    Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.1.0.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.65: LutronCaseta




    The log is loaded with hundreds of these messages below. I have only had this S6 Pro for a few weeks, and do not recall seeing these before. Can someone please explain? Ignore them? An issue needs correction?

    ct-16 09:39:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:39:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:38:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:38:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:37:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:37:44 Event Event Trigger "HVAC Related Master Bedroom HVAC Timer OFF"
    Oct-16 09:37:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:36:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:36:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:35:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:35:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:34:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:34:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:33:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:33:15 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-16 09:32:45 Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.

    #2
    This indicates that the user credentials defined in the speaker client are not found in your user accounts in HS.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      Speaker Host Connection Warning

      I am running the latest HS software on my just acquired S6 Pro. Last Friday, about 1530 local time, while getting VNC to work from my iMac I must have inadvertently changed/deleted or done something, as that is when these warning messages starting appearing. I have not knowingly tried to do anything with any speakers, audio or speaker clients.....yet something changed so that these warnings occur.

      I have brought up the HS Sound Control (name?) dialog box using a monitor and keyboard attached to the S6 Pro. I see the login and password are "filled out" already, I assume from the factory. I made sure Autoconnect and Connect at Startup boxes were not checked. I even increased the auto reconnect retry time from 30 seconds to a relatively large number.......all to no avail. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.


      Desperate in Dallas

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by JustinCM View Post
        I am running the latest HS software on my just acquired S6 Pro. Last Friday, about 1530 local time, while getting VNC to work from my iMac I must have inadvertently changed/deleted or done something, as that is when these warning messages starting appearing. I have not knowingly tried to do anything with any speakers, audio or speaker clients.....yet something changed so that these warnings occur.

        I have brought up the HS Sound Control (name?) dialog box using a monitor and keyboard attached to the S6 Pro. I see the login and password are "filled out" already, I assume from the factory. I made sure Autoconnect and Connect at Startup boxes were not checked. I even increased the auto reconnect retry time from 30 seconds to a relatively large number.......all to no avail. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.


        Desperate in Dallas

        Note : This is not a cure! But try this : untick check box in the HomeSeer setting (General) =====>Launch Speaker Client on Startup

        When you sure about all settings like users /passwords and or speaker clients are set up restart HomeSeer or reboot the S6, check the logs to see if the problem persists. If not then tick the check box and try again.

        One thing though, leave the speaker clients setting in the HomeSeer Network settings blunk. The system wil auto detect them.



        Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by JustinCM View Post
          I am running the latest HS software on my just acquired S6 Pro. Last Friday, about 1530 local time, while getting VNC to work from my iMac I must have inadvertently changed/deleted or done something, as that is when these warning messages starting appearing. I have not knowingly tried to do anything with any speakers, audio or speaker clients.....yet something changed so that these warnings occur.

          I have brought up the HS Sound Control (name?) dialog box using a monitor and keyboard attached to the S6 Pro. I see the login and password are "filled out" already, I assume from the factory. I made sure Autoconnect and Connect at Startup boxes were not checked. I even increased the auto reconnect retry time from 30 seconds to a relatively large number.......all to no avail. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.


          Desperate in Dallas
          Is the user that is defined in the speaker client a valid user in your HS3 user accounts?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            Speaker Host Connection Warning

            Rupp,

            I apologize for the bonehead questions here, I am not an IT type........

            I have made some progress.....I entered the correct user name and password into the HomeSeer Speaker app on the S6. Now it indicates it is connected, but the messages continue. See attached file for exact warning and options box.

            I am not sure what "Connect Local" does.....

            I have the IP address for the HomeSeer fixed on my LAN, I have checked the box Launch Speaker at Startup in Setup-General...not sure if this was a default condition or what.

            What am I doing wrong or what did I screw up?

            Justin in Dallas
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by JustinCM View Post
              Rupp,

              I apologize for the bonehead questions here, I am not an IT type........

              I have made some progress.....I entered the correct user name and password into the HomeSeer Speaker app on the S6. Now it indicates it is connected, but the messages continue. See attached file for exact warning and options box.

              I am not sure what "Connect Local" does.....

              I have the IP address for the HomeSeer fixed on my LAN, I have checked the box Launch Speaker at Startup in Setup-General...not sure if this was a default condition or what.

              What am I doing wrong or what did I screw up?

              Justin in Dallas


              Ok,

              I can see that you have defined the HomeSeer IP but where are you running the speaker from? Is it the same computer where HomeSeer is installed? If this is a remote computer the setting should correct!
              The warning you see is coming speaker client on the HomeSeer server.

              I can also see in the images that this is the Hometroller S6. This mean the speaker is LOCAL. So remove the remote IP you typed in and insert the one you see in the logs "127.0.0.1" check box "to Connect Local" and do not define a speaker in the HomeSeer main settings.

              Go over my post at #4 again make sure the settings are correct!

              Note :This system runs on top of Windows 7 Embedded. Ask Rupp how they activate VR. I can see errors in your speaker client logs.


              Eman.
              Last edited by Eman; October 18, 2016, 06:11 PM.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Eman View Post

                <snips>
                But try this : untick check box in the HomeSeer setting (General) =====>Launch Speaker Client on Startup

                One thing though, leave the speaker clients setting in the HomeSeer Network settings blunk. The system wil auto detect them.
                </snips>


                Eman.
                This may be an old thread, but it got me going again. Good stuff. Thanks!
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 4.2.6.0
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Desktop

                Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK Google Calendar 3.0.0.45,AK Smart Device 3.0.0.6,AK Weather 4.0.1.77,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big5 1.38.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.38.0,BLPlex 2.0.22.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,HSBuddy 3.25.614.1,mcsMQTT 5.21.4.1,MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.22,NetCAM 3.0.0.14,PHLocation 3.0.1.109,Restart 1.0.0.7,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.3,SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.7,TPLinkSmartHome 19.10.7.1,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.5960.36744,,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

                Comment

                Working...
                X