Tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post

In the web GUI, "My Subscriptions" does display the last post in a thread. So this is working in vBulletin... which I have some control with. I have NO control with how Tapatalk displays the forum. none. All I can do is email their support folks.
    It does look like it is now. I think Cheeryfool is on to something with the first post sticky suggestion. At any rate something has messed up how the board shows in Tapatalk compared to how it behaved with v3 and it would be great if you can figure out what that is and fix it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Absolutely. Where exactly is that setting?
      Are you still going to try to fix how the forum looks in Tapatalk?

It is quite distracting. It seems odd to me that homeseer can produce home control software, but not configure the forum correctly. Though to your credit you do actively engage with your customers and usually listen to them.

Please try to fix this issue.

As a related outside the box kind of thought. How about making a mobile view of the forum coded as a tab in the new mobile app? That would be really cool if done well. I have seen companies do similar things. Probably a lot more work than getting Tapatalk to work properly. But you would have total control. Put some bug reporting and feedback links in an adjacent tab and the homeseer store in yet another tab and you would have a complete mobile first solution.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

Are you still going to try to fix how the forum looks in Tapatalk?
        As I've said a number of times, there's no setting I can change in our admin area that will fix this. I have shared this thread with the Tapatalk support folks and will let you know what I find out when they reply back.
        šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsā€‹

Comment

Thank you for looking into this. Hopefully they have a fix.

Comment

As I've said a number of times, there's no setting I can change in our admin area that will fix this. I have shared this thread with the Tapatalk support folks and will let you know what I find out when they reply back.
            Mark. Forget Tapatalk for a sec. Are you saying there's no way to stop a forum showing the original post at the top in v5, when sorted by latest descending activity?
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post

Mark. Forget Tapatalk for a sec. Are you saying there's no way to stop a forum showing the original post at the top in v5, when sorted by latest descending activity?
              Can't answer that question... too vague. What URL on your on, which tab did you click and what changes did you make to the sorting order on that page?

For example, if you click on "Forums" and then click on "Latest Activity", you'll get a list of the most recent posts from active topics. Guessing you're doing something else?
              šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsā€‹

Comment

Can't answer that question... too vague. What URL on your on, which tab did you click and what changes did you make to the sorting order on that page?

For example, if you click on "Forums" and then click on "Latest Activity", you'll get a list of the most recent posts from active topics. Guessing you're doing something else?
                Using this thread as an example:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...lk?view=stream

I have it set to show Latest Posts, yet it still shows Pete's original post at the top, then your latest reply to me (which will be this reply to you by the time you click the link). Pete's OP should be at the very bottom of the thread with this view.

cheeryfool

Comment

Using this thread as an example:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...lk?view=stream

I have it set to show Latest Posts, yet it still shows Pete's original post at the top, then your latest reply to me (which will be this reply to you by the time you click the link). Pete's OP should be at the very bottom of the thread with this view.
                  Ok so to clarify... you clicked on the "Tapatalk Issues" forum, then you clicked on the "Tapatalk" topic inside that forum, THEN you clicked on "Latest Activity"? Is that how you use the forum normally?

Comment

Ok so to clarify... you clicked on the "Tapatalk Issues" forum, then you clicked on the "Tapatalk" topic inside that forum, THEN you clicked on "Latest Activity"? Is that how you use the forum normally?
                    No, as previously posted, I use the 2 weeks bookmark (https://forums.homeseer.com/search?s...ssage%22%5D%7D) which correctly shows me the topics in descending order that have the most recent posts. When I click into the topic, I am at the link I used in my last post - though I feel it's irrelevant to how I access the topic. I never change the sort order, it defaults to Latest Activity, but the OP is always at the top, as shown in the screenshot in the last post, but shouldn't be.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

.. though I feel it's irrelevant to how I access the topic...
                      It's not. "Latest Activity" behaves differently depending on where you are when you click it.

Anyway, I navigated to the same location as you and went in to edit the page options. The sorting option is already set to "most recent" posts. I don't have a way of changing that beyond that.

Comment

macromark How is the troubleshooting going with Tapatalk notifications? I did get a single notification this morning on one of my subscriptions so Iā€™m hopeful this means you guys have had some success!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                          macromark How is the troubleshooting going with Tapatalk notifications? I did get a single notification this morning on one of my subscriptions so Iā€™m hopeful this means you guys have had some success!

Someone from Tapatalk is working on it today.

Comment

Someone from Tapatalk is working on it today.
                            Well, what ever they are doing it seems to be working for me! I just got a notification that you replied to my post!

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Well, what ever they are doing it seems to be working for me! I just got a notification that you replied to my post!

well that's good news (for a change)!

Comment

well that's good news (for a change)!
                                Yeah.....with all the troubles...figured you could use a little good news.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                                X