Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post

check it now
    It is fixed on the web. Tapatalk still has the issue. Though I have not been asked to sign in to homeseer again. I tried signing out of Tapatalk and clearing cache but neither had any affect. I had been frequently asked to re-sign in to the homeseer forum within Tapatalk since the forum upgrade. I attributed this to frequent changes to the forum configuration. If this is the case perhaps you could trigger that again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      If this is the case perhaps you could trigger that again?
      I cleared the forum system cache... try now.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am still looking for what I had before in both Web and Tapatalk...

1. Original Post at the bottom
        2. Newest post at the top In web I am seeing OP at top, then newest post right below. In Tapatalk I can't get the newest first to work at all anymore. I deleted and re-added TT to my phone this morning
        3. In Tapatalk in the Timeline summary I am still seeing the cross-polination between the OP preview text but attributed to the latest responder
        4. In Web in the summary list I am not seeing any preview text

I am losing touch with the community...
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          I am still looking for what I had before in both Web and Tapatalk...
          Log out of the board on your PC and log back in. Now click "FORUMS" and then "LATEST ACTIVITY" as shown in the screenshot here. That should give you a list of all the latest topics with the last post displayed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Latest-Activity.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	1249659

Comment

Log out of the board on your PC and log back in. Now click "FORUMS" and then "LATEST ACTIVITY" as shown in the screenshot here. That should give you a list of all the latest topics with the last post displayed.

Click image for larger version Name:	Latest-Activity.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	1249659
            That's slightly better, but still shows the OP at the top. I also don't use the forum that way. I use the Today's Posts or even the last 2 weeks option: ( https://forums.homeseer.com/search?s...ssage%22%5D%7D )

In both of those views, there's still no preview and it's not even showing the latest poster/time currently. So on this thread the most recent poster and time is me at 09:53, and not you at 10:26.
            cheeryfool

Comment

That's slightly better, but still shows the OP at the top. I also don't use the forum that way. I use the Today's Posts or even the last 2 weeks option: ( https://forums.homeseer.com/search?s...ssage%22%5D%7D )

In both of those views, there's still no preview and it's not even showing the latest poster/time currently. So on this thread the most recent poster and time is me at 09:53, and not you at 10:26.
              Per "today's posts", it's working the way you would expect I think... at least in the web GUI. The OP is listed at the left and the most recent post is listed at the right. If you click the little >> icon, you'll end up at the last post of the topic.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Todays-posts.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	1249689

If what you're seeing is happening in Tapatalk, I don't know what we can do about that? Tapatalk controls how the data is being formatted in their app. They may be doing it differently with this version of vBulletin. I don't know for sure.

Comment

Per "today's posts", it's working the way you would expect I think... at least in the web GUI. The OP is listed at the left and the most recent post is listed at the right. If you click the little >> icon, you'll end up at the last post of the topic.
                Click image for larger version Name:	Todays-posts.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	1249689

If what you're seeing is happening in Tapatalk, I don't know what we can do about that? Tapatalk controls how the data is being formatted in their app. They may be doing it differently with this version of vBulletin. I don't know for sure.
                Clicking the >> or the forum subject takes me to the same place, but it always has the original post above the most recent one. How do we fix that and put it at the bottom where it belongs? I still think that might be (part of) the problem with Tapatalk. And it's still not showing any preview text like it used to in these views.
                cheeryfool

Comment

I've given up on the "Latest Activity" tab. A more fitting title might be "Some random sample of activity", certainly not "latest".

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                    I've given up on the "Latest Activity" tab. A more fitting title might be "Some random sample of activity", certainly not "latest".
                    Interesting. I hadn't noticed before but just compared Latest Activity to Today's Posts, and Latest Activity does leave out certain posts that show in Today's Posts. It's not immediately obvious what the pattern might be.

Edit: To clarify I compared the Latest Activity when selected from the Home screen as I had assumed it would show ALL latest activity.
                    -Wade

Comment

I cleared the forum system cache... try now.
                      Still not working in Tapatalk correctly. I guess you are correct that it is on their side. Just to make sure it’s not still on forum side, does every view that shows a text snippet now show the snippet of the last post?

Edit: looking at the my subscriptions view it is still showing the first post snippet.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Todays-posts.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	1249689

Hi. Can you take a look at my screenshot of the “My Subscriptions” page. Can you make the change in the forum so that the text snippet is from the last post and not the first in that view (and in all views for that matter). If that does not fix Tapatalk can you contact them? This current behavior in Tapatalk is jarringly dysfunctional. It really makes it difficult to stay current on relevant threads.

Comment

Hi. Can you take a look at my screenshot of the “My Subscriptions” page. Can you make the change in the forum so that the text snippet is from the last post and not the first in that view (and in all views for that matter). If that does not fix Tapatalk can you contact them? This current behavior in Tapatalk is jarringly dysfunctional. It really makes it difficult to stay current on relevant threads.

In the web GUI, "My Subscriptions" does display the last post in a thread. So this is working in vBulletin... which I have some control with. I have NO control with how Tapatalk displays the forum. none. All I can do is email their support folks.

Comment

Maybe Mark can try switching off the setting that is always showing the original post first. I still think this might be part of the Tapatalk problem. At least we could rule it out if we try it.
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Maybe Mark can try switching off the setting that is always showing the original post first. I still think this might be part of the Tapatalk problem. At least we could rule it out if we try it.
                              Absolutely. Where exactly is that setting?

Comment

Absolutely. Where exactly is that setting?
                                Unfortunately I am not a vBulletin admin. Can you ask vBulletin how to make it behave like it did with v3, where the original post was not sticky at the top, irrespective of the chosen view order?
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X