No announcement yet.

Feature Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any plans for an Arlo PlugIn? I am presently using IFTTT in order to notify HomeSeer when my Arlo camera detects motion, but, at times, that integration is excessively slow. For instance, I have an Arlo camera and a HomeSeer motion sensor, and the order of motion detection is important to me. Sometimes, IFTTT doesn't report Arlo motion detection until well after the HomeSeer motion detector is tripped even though the Arlo was tripped first.

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
      Are there any plans for an Arlo PlugIn? I am presently using IFTTT in order to notify HomeSeer when my Arlo camera detects motion, but, at times, that integration is excessively slow. For instance, I have an Arlo camera and a HomeSeer motion sensor, and the order of motion detection is important to me. Sometimes, IFTTT doesn't report Arlo motion detection until well after the HomeSeer motion detector is tripped even though the Arlo was tripped first.
      Is the Arlo camera ONVIF-compliant? If so, there is an ONVIF plugin that will react to motion detected.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

rmasonjr, no, apparently they're not, unfortunately.

Comment

rmasonjr, no, apparently they're not, unfortunately.
          If you use Google home or Alexa you might try their Arlo integrations to see if they're faster. I don't know where it stands now, but back when I used IFTTT it seemed common among forum users to experience random delays with its response.
          -Wade

Comment

Wade, thanks!

Comment

There is an Arlo Node-RED contrib. It is 3 years old but may still work.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

ksum, I appreciate the thought, but that would be further increasing complexity!

Comment

ksum, I appreciate the thought, but that would be further increasing complexity!
                  And probably increase speed

---
                  John

Comment

There are various posts & articles available which document some useful changes to the HS4 UI.
                    Would it be feasible to either have these documented and centralised or preferably, have an editor which allowed me to make the changes without editing the html/css? Obviously, any updates and upgrades would have to be able to keep or allow to import these changes.

Cheers,
                    Scott

Comment

Probably a big ask but here goes ….

In the UI inline evaluation … 🙄 for example ..

x = sensor.lux
                      y = dimmer.brightness = x/3 ( as control device )

What I’m suggesting is these values can already be read in the IF THEN menu system . Would be nice to ‘assign’ them and then you could potentially set them or ‘evaluate ‘ them ( like a counter )

if ( y < ‘some value ‘ )
                      Then …

Hope that makes sense ( I said it was a big ask ! )

Comment

Widgets for a phone/tablet would be a great addition to the mobile app. As in a widget to turn something on/off/set dim level, etc. Control most used devices without opening the mobile app. Yes, I want to pocket open my garage door...
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                          Widgets for a phone/tablet would be a great addition to the mobile app. As in a widget to turn something on/off/set dim level, etc. Control most used devices without opening the mobile app. Yes, I want to pocket open my garage door...
                          IOS shortcuts app can send urls to HS to control things or fire events. The shortcut can be added as a Homescreen icon. I setup one to fire a test event as an experiment. It works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post

IOS shortcuts app can send urls to HS to control things or fire events. The shortcut can be added as a Homescreen icon. I setup one to fire a test event as an experiment. It works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yes, it does, and the same is available in Android as well as an app which can create widgets. But all these options are either On or Off or Set Brightness to X. Not the same as, for example, a dimmable light with one item toggling On/Off said light and having a slider to set the brightness.
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events

Comment

Ui translations in other languages. Right now it is only english. Would like it in french

Comment

Fixing the images directory structure would be wonderful - exposing the plugin images as in HS3.
                                Jon's plugin is a fix for this but it would be nice if made available natively.
                                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X