No announcement yet.

ECO Link Door sensor tamper alarm reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been using the sensors for about a month now and they are working very well for me other than the issue with the tamper alarm not resetting automatically. Given that I needed something that could take an external contact, and there does not seem to be anything else z-wave on the market with that right now, they were really my only choice. I guess I could have gone with DSC compatible ones instead.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I’ve been using the sensors for about a month now and they are working very well for me other than the issue with the tamper alarm not resetting automatically. Given that I needed something that could take an external contact, and there does not seem to be anything else z-wave on the market with that right now, they were really my only choice. I guess I could have gone with DSC compatible ones instead.
      Other than the tamper alarm issue they are good sensors. I didn't have any other complaints about them. I replaced all my open/close sensors so it wasn't specifically because of this sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
        I've sent a technical report to HS...
        HS Tech Support can do nothing since the device only sends a wake-up notification when the cover is replaced.
        They said they can't just auto-reset the alarm status based on that message.

Comment

I can only report that I see the same thing--I have an older Ecolink and a brand new one. The older one has a reset tamper in the created device and the new one does not. Disappointing..

Comment

Working...
          X