• Show
Clear All

• WhitW
    replied
    Go to this page: https://community.smartthings.com/t/...-gate/14810/22

Leave a comment:

• WhitW
    replied
    For my backyard gate, I found an article online, which I can't seem to find online right now....

Basically, I used a Z-wave dry contact sensor (Aeotec ZW097 Dry Contact Sensor), that I mounted in a weatherproof junction box, and made sure to seal the openings to keep water/bugs/etc. out.

On the gate, I used a magnetic reed switch. I can't remember exactly where I ordered the switch from (maybe ebay?).

Once I got it setup, it has worked great. I had to do some tweaking on gap placement of reed switch. I will try to take some pictures and post here...

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    I use this one for mailbox alerts. Works well. Long distance. Could use one for both. It sends a push notification and email so you can use the email part in an event. This company myspool has a gas alert also which is hard to find. Same notifications as mailbox alert.

https://www.amazon.com/Mailbox-Exter...ox+alert&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Integraoligist
    started a topic Help with what devices to use for Outdoor

Help with what devices to use for Outdoor

Hi all,
    I'm looking to do the following but can't seem to find anything that will work:
    1. Notify when a driveway gate is Open/Closed
    2. Notify when a mailbox door is Open/Closed

I already tested distance of these locations with a standard Dome Window/Door sensor and it works perfect... problem is it's not outdoor rated.

Any suggestions on how I could do this or what to use? As I'm sure the Gate sensor will get wet from rain, but the mailbox unit will probably be fine if I put the sensor inside the box and on the top... issue is with winter temperatures even though it almost never gets below 20F here.

Thanks all!
Working...
X