door bell trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door bell trigger

I have the normal door bell on my house. I would like to replace it with a smart one, but don't necessarily need a camera. What I would like is for the door bell to trigger events. so if someone rings the doorbell, lights change color, or a text is sent to phone, etc... is there anything like that?

I have seen this one mentioned before. No camera as you said you really didn't need and it is z-wave.

https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-Aeon-L...70_&dpSrc=srch

Comment

I just saw in the last week or maybe two where someone did the same with an analog doorbell. Sorry, I don't have the post, but they used something which seemed easy to add to their doorbell system, and allowed HomeSeer to monitor and build events.

Comment

Found it here (Tapatalk) or here (HomeSeer board).

Comment

If you have x10 a Powerflash unit can replace the transformer and bell. It's rather archaic but it works and you can keep your original door bell button.

One of the first things I did with HS, long before there was z-wave. Mine sounds a fog horn.

I also have an x10 rf motion sensor under the eave at the door so I know someone's there even if they don't ring the bell.

Regards
          Michael
          Regards,
          Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

We have the ELK door bell sensor which is connected into the security panel. The panel is connected to HomeSeer and a bunch of other automation platforms.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Here utilize the Elk Doorbell circuit board plus the Elk debounce board. It's been years now and have never had an issue with it.

It is powered by the Omni Pro 2 panel and wired in as a zone. That said you can connect the Elk circuit boards to anything relating to automation.

Only recent change here has been to go to an LED illuminated doorbell button.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Ok, I think I'll go with the ELK-930 doorbell detector and the Fortrezz MIMOlite. I'm trying to tell, the Fortrezz is zwave right? so I would just have my homeseer add it as a device? also, did anyone using it have trouble fitting both the ELK-930 doorbell detector and the Fortrezz MIMOlite into the doorbell ringer housing, or did you all need to custom make a new doorbell ringer cover?

Comment

I have used this:
                  Nexia Z-Wave Doorbell Sensor, DB100Z
                  It connects to the door bell chime. Therefore it uses the existing doorbell and sends a notification to homeseer.
                  I use it to send an email to myself. Works flawlessly. It uses a battery, but lasts about a year.
                  I have it mounted next to the chime and is very unnoticible.
                  Bruce

Comment

Attached is a document / drawing showing wiring using an Elk 960 and Elk 930.

The debounce circuit was added for those that would hold the doorbell button down. IE: like around Halloween time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72709.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1256259

Here is a picture of the doorbell button I upgraded to. It works fine using the 18-24 VAC transformer with Elk boards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LEDButton.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1256261

CCTV is autonomous and uses the Elk circuits for triggers (and PIRs and other sensors).
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
                    X