Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwikset zwave door locks notification issue

Hi,

I have 3 z-wave Kwikset 99140-003 door locks that I'm trying to setup an event for when the lock fails to lock (by the lock button) due to the door not being closed all the way.

I tried watching for when the Lock Notification changes and becomes "Locked by Button INCOMPLETE" but this never seems to happen.

I watched my log for Notification events and oddly it throws a Notification Set to 501 when the lock fails to cycle (if I hold back) but that's the same event that is thrown when User Code 1 is correctly used to unlock the door.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

I have Kwikset locks too, although not the same model, and they do show that notification if it does not lock completely. Maybe try running through the automatic adjustment again (section 8 in this manual: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/BD...CodeManual.pdf) and see if it still does not do it properly. If it continues to be an issue I would contact Kwikset support. I've found them to helpful in the past.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you. I think it's more of a HomeSeer thing. All 3 of my locks report failure to lock the same way. If I didn't have them setup in so many events, I'd remove one and re-add it but I'd really rather not do that.

Comment

One thing to try, if you haven’t done so already, is to log all changes of the notification device to the HS log. I’ve observed the Kwikset locks sending a few different values very quickly one after the other, so it could be sending that code, but sending a different one right after.

Comment

Yeah, I checked all my locks and they all send a 501 when the lock fails to lock, which is the same code sent when User 1 unlocks the door.

-Mike

Comment

I'm wondering if HomeSeer z-wave has been updated since I 1st added these locks 3 years ago and if were to readd them I'd get different results. I'd rather not remove/readd as I have a lot of events that trigger on the locks. Does anyone know of there is a way to "readd" them and update/add any new settings etc? I've tried Rescan for the root device but it didn't change anything.

-Mike

Comment

If rescan does not work, then there's really no other option other than to reove and . What I typically do is go to the Events page, filter the events for the device I plan to remove, then remove and re-add the device and then update the events with the new device. Typically does not take long, and that way you are sure that you did not miss any events.

Comment

Working...
              X