Eurotronic Spirit thermostate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurotronic Spirit thermostate

I bought this week an Eurotronic Spirit Thermostate which works with Zwave plus. I use HS3 with windows 7 and the gen5 stick.
    The thermostate looks well, but is quit big. The display lights up if you puss on the buttuns of the thermostate. On the thermostate you can change the themperature which you like in the room.
    Including and calibration of the thermostate was easy if you follow the manual.
    In HS3 you see 9 lines after including the thermostate. See attachment.

Csan someone help mee which thiose 9 lines which I need to make a event for this thermostate.

Regards
    Wim
    Attached Files

What do you want this event to do?

Comment

I only change the heating setpoints via BLSTAT schedules and also by events. I sometimes change the mode to off or full power depending on my requirements.

Comment

Hi Wim,
        I have created two Virtual devices called DAY and NIGHT. At 06:30 I switch on DAY and switch off NIGHT. At 20:00 I do the reverse.
        I create an event that changes the energy save set points to 18 Deg C and set Heating set point to 21 DegC and run this once a week in case something has altered. The radiator will heat up to 18 or 21 but only if the boiler supplies heating hot water. Mode allows you to toggle between these two set values.
        I have a Z-Wave boiler controller that switches on boiler if the temperature (node 12 in your case) drops below these values.
        This may be a bit complicated but remember the radiator may demand heat but it can only be supplied if the boiler is supplying hot water.

In your case the bathroom temperature is at 18.7 DegC your energy setpoint is set to 0 DegC and your heating setpoint is set to 15 DegC But your Mode is set to OFF. The valve is not allowing heated water to pass. If you set 18 and 21 and mode to either heating, ON or energy save you will see the Multilevel slider move to open the valve and as temperature is reached lower slider. You should also be able to hear the valve ramp up and down.
        Hope that helps
        mvg
        Jo

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information. I wrote and use now the next an event which run well in HS3.

Translation: Badkamer verwarming = Heating bathroom

Click image for larger version  Name:	event eurotronic spirit1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	1266183

Comment

Originally posted by Jo View Post
            Hi Wim,
            I have created two Virtual devices called DAY and NIGHT. At 06:30 I switch on DAY and switch off NIGHT. At 20:00 I do the reverse.
            I create an event that changes the energy save set points to 18 Deg C and set Heating set point to 21 DegC and run this once a week in case something has altered. The radiator will heat up to 18 or 21 but only if the boiler supplies heating hot water. Mode allows you to toggle between these two set values.
            I have a Z-Wave boiler controller that switches on boiler if the temperature (node 12 in your case) drops below these values.
            This may be a bit complicated but remember the radiator may demand heat but it can only be supplied if the boiler is supplying hot water.

In your case the bathroom temperature is at 18.7 DegC your energy setpoint is set to 0 DegC and your heating setpoint is set to 15 DegC But your Mode is set to OFF. The valve is not allowing heated water to pass. If you set 18 and 21 and mode to either heating, ON or energy save you will see the Multilevel slider move to open the valve and as temperature is reached lower slider. You should also be able to hear the valve ramp up and down.
            Hope that helps
            mvg
            Jo
            I usually leave the mode set to heat, and only change the heating setpoint. I never change mode, and never set a energy saving setpoint. The only time i would change the mode is when I change the setpoint, and the rads stays hot (or cold). The most of the time changing mode to off then heat again will trigger the TRV to do what I want it to do.
            In general I am happy with them, but occasionally even though they show the setpoint I have sent, the valve does not move (this is when I manually turn them off then back to heat)
            Do you have the same experience ? Do you use energy saving setpoints (I am not sure what they are for, cannot find anything in the docs)

Comment

Hi Mike
              I am very happy with the TRVs and have 6 radiators controlled by them. I have the Living Room, Office and Hallway set to 21 Deg C during the day and all rooms set to 18 Deg C at night. The Virtual Devices Day and Night the toggle the TRVs between Energy Save and Heat Mode. At 20:00 the Virtual Day device changes to NIGHT and modes (18/18) are set appropriately. Then at 06:00 Night changes to DAY and the daytime mode (18/21) is selected.
              The only issues I have is when the batteries are expiring and they normally don't behave. From previous experience the TRV valve body (attached to radiator NOT Controller) brass pin does jam if not used often a drop of lubricant will help and a good push to the extreme of its travel.
              I have a further Mode to heat up the other bedroom radiators when guests arrive and a further one when on holiday when Mode is set to OFF but actually 5 Deg C.
              This may be a bit complicated but I am retired and love tinkering!

Cheers

Jo

Comment

Hi am wondering how I can feed the temperator from an external sensor to this the spirit.
                I have a couple of external (msqtt) thermostats that I would like to use as the external sensor. I see that by setting param 8 to 128 (0x80) an external sensor will be used for regulation.

But how can I send the temp to the spirit?

Any help on how to do that?

The reason I need this is because I have heating pits and the spirits are in the pits. This gives wrong readings as its reading the pit.

I can control the spirit by closing the valve 0% to 100% (manufactur secific mode) but that is not what I want.

Any help would be great as I am completely stuck (and also new to homeseer)

Comment

Working...
                X