Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you using for a Z-Wave Dry Contact Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you using for a Z-Wave Dry Contact Sensor?

Hello,
    I used to be able to find a Z-Wave dry contact sensor but it seems that they have discontinued the product, is there something else that you all are using as a dry contact sensor or are you aware of one that is sold still?
    Thanks in advance!
    HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

There is this Quibino with dry contact.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...module-zmnhnd3

Comment

Some of the door/window sensors that are available include the ability to use a dry-contact input.
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Some of the door/window sensors that are available include the ability to use a dry-contact input.
        The EcoLink sensors have connections for dry contact.

Comment

Simplex Technology Yeah! I didn’t think about those! I use a Quibino for temp monitoring and it works really well.

I have been using the battery powered Aeotec dry contact sensors and they work well but they discontinued and the door window version I’d have to pull apart to modify. The EcoLink that you and sparkman mention is another good option.

macromark I like the MIMO Lite....it’s just a little more pricey than the Quibino and when you are buying a few of these it can add up.

Not sure if I should use powered or battery for a front gate.....I’m thinking of getting a small UPS for my Z-Nets in case of power outages and a battery powered dry contact would let me know if someone came in the gates where the powered wouldn’t. But powered, I wouldn’t have to worry about batteries.....hmmmm...

Thank you all for the great suggestions!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Plugin's:

Comment

It depends a little on what exactly the purpose is for the switch. I have a schlage door sensor tied into NO/NC on a Dakota driveway alarm, a fibaro door sensor tied to a 18db20 temp sensor and a mimolite tied to a float switch in my sp basket. They all work well for their intended purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
              There is this Quibino with dry contact.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...module-zmnhnd3
              Simplex Technology Hi, I am wondering if you have used these Qubino dry contact switches with magnetic door switches? I’ve connected it up according to the wiring diagram and I’m only getting a device in HS that allows me to turn the relay on and off but I don’t have a device for the status of the magnetic door switch. When I included it into HS I had the power in the N & L terminals and the two wires from the magnetic switch in L & I2. The magnet was not next to the switch so it was in the open position. Wondering if I did something wrong?
              Any help with this would be appreciated!
              Thank you
              Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Simplex Technology Hi, I am wondering if you have used these Qubino dry contact switches with magnetic door switches? I’ve connected it up according to the wiring diagram and I’m only getting a device in HS that allows me to turn the relay on and off but I don’t have a device for the status of the magnetic door switch. When I included it into HS I had the power in the N & L terminals and the two wires from the magnetic switch in L & I2. The magnet was not next to the switch so it was in the open position. Wondering if I did something wrong?
                Thank you
                The Profit unfortunately I never got around to doing anything with them. Halloween came and went before I had the time to work with them.

Comment

The Profit unfortunately I never got around to doing anything with them. Halloween came and went before I had the time to work with them.
                  I’ve gotten them to turn on the relay when the magnetic switch opens so I’m sure they would work great for a Halloween project....just wondering if they will work for what I’m trying to do....

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Thank you

Will the Qubino ZMNHND3 will REPORT THE STATUS of the Dry Contact. i'm not interested in control. I read above there was no device created to show the status.
                    My goal is to be able to monitor when a wired sensor (Gogogate2 Wired Sensor) is OPEN or CLOSED
                    The only zwave dry-contact sensor i can find info on is the Aeotec ZW097-A, and i have been unable to find any remaining of the discontinued product --looked EBAY and Amazon and Google
                    thanks, chris

Comment

The EcoLink sensors have connections for dry contact.
                      Can you please tell me the product number for the Ecolink Sensors. I see DWZWAVE2-ECO online, but I don't see to where any wires could be connected. thank you, chris

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post

Will the Qubino ZMNHND3 will REPORT THE STATUS of the Dry Contact. i'm not interested in control. I read above there was no device created to show the status.
                        My goal is to be able to monitor when a wired sensor (Gogogate2 Wired Sensor) is OPEN or CLOSED
                        The only zwave dry-contact sensor i can find info on is the Aeotec ZW097-A, and i have been unable to find any remaining of the discontinued product --looked EBAY and Amazon and Google
                        thanks, chris
                        Yes, it has a separate child device that shows the value of a dry contact type sensor. The other option is a MlMO lite which might be a little easier to setup than the Quibino was. They cost a little more than Quibino but I might have gone that direction had I known the difficulty of setting up the Quibino.

Plugin's:

Comment

thanks. just ordered both devices and will star with the Fortrezz MIMO Lite

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post

Can you please tell me the product number for the Ecolink Sensors. I see DWZWAVE2-ECO online, but I don't see to where any wires could be connected. thank you, chris
                            DWZWAVE2.5-ECO have terminal board that accepts an external switch.

Comment

I have a monoprice sensor (unbranded ecolink) connected to a pressure mat that is under a throw rug next to my bed. When I step on it, it turns on a hue strip that i have on the inside of my bed frame. During the night it is set to be a low level red light. Any other time it is a bright white.

Comment

Working...
                              X