Can't add Ecolink tilt sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't add Ecolink tilt sensor

Can't add Ecolink tilt zwave plus sensor to zwave znet running the latest zwave plugin ver. It seems it dosent stay awake long enough to add the child devices. I tried many times to add and remove. Any Thoughts?

If it adds the root device, then remove the cover and rescan it. Removing the cover is supposed to keep it awake.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Its says to remove the battery then put HS in inclusion mode then install the battery. The cover has to be off to install the battery.

Comment

Yes. What I'm saying is to rescan from the root device. This means put the cover back on, take the cover off and rescan.

Comment

Ok it adds a node but not a device so there is no way to rescan it .

Comment

Can you post a screen shot for the node from the Z-Wave plugin's Node Information screen?

Comment

Comment

Is it installed on the garage door already when you try to add it? May be worth trying it next to the z-net. I would also pop the cover on and off as it is trying to add that as that may keep it awake for longer. I have one of these but it was added years ago and I don't recall having the same issue.

Comment

I added my Ecolink very close to the Z-Net before I moved it to the garage door. No problems with inclusion. Here's what my Node info looks like:

Comment

FWIW, you are missing a child device [Power Management Notification] that indicates tampering (or not). That feature doesn't seem to work with Homeseer and indicates the cover has been opened (tamper on) with no way that I have found to reset it. Additionally, with my two sensors, opening the case does not put either units into awake mode....which is kinda good, because when the unit indicates "tamper" it is supposed to be awake 24/7.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
                    2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

Yep, I noticed that when I included..but really didn't care about the tamper notification. The tilt sensor has been working rock solid for 10 months and still shows 80% battery.

Comment

Working...
                      X