Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermostat (GoControl) imported - successfully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat (GoControl) imported - successfully.

So I've got the GoControl and connected it to the Z-wave system, but something is wrong. Please take a look at the attached screenshots of the import and the device status - there were 2 errors during the import, and I'm not seeing the temperature reported at all. What can I do to fix it, and is there a manual on-line somewhere that explains the different parameters and what they do?
    Attached Files

The Thermostat looks OK, "Temperature" is the last item on the Device page. Your error appear to be other devices, not related to the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      The Thermostat looks OK, "Temperature" is the last item on the Device page. Your error appear to be other devices, not related to the thermostat.
      hmm but Temperature is showing "0", which is clearly not correct? And any idea where I get documentation for what all the different child nodes do?

Comment

Then I can only suggest you delete and re-include being sure your close to the z-wave controller. I have not seen this behavior in the last 3 or 4 units I have added.

Comment

You can also rescan the device. This sometimes works better than exclusion/inclusion. You can get duplicates of a child device so best to get a screenshot showing the reference ID's before you scan.

Comment

Thanks. Tried the Rescan on the parent node, and it said
            Rescan of Node 59 Z-Wave Thermostat finished.
            Check the log for warnings or errors.

and it now works!! It's actually showing the temperature. Any idea how to find out what the other child nodes are/do?
            Also, what the possible values are - for example, battery - is the values a percentage from 0 to 100?

Comment

Battery is 0-100%

The setpoints are how you control the HVAC system. There should be a heat and cool setting. This should be deg F if you have that set as your default. The mode should be heating/Cooling/Auto just like a normal thermostat. Fan Mode should be Auto/On/Off. Fan State should be Idle or On.

You can verify this by opening each of the child devices and going to the status graphics tab.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
                Battery is 0-100%. The setpoints are how you control the HVAC system. There should be a heat and cool setting. This should be deg F if you have that set as your default. The mode should be heating/Cooling/Auto just like a normal thermostat. Fan Mode should be Auto/On/Off. Fan State should be Idle or On. You can verify this by opening each of the child devices and going to the status graphics tab.
                aha! Very useful, thanks. Quick question though. My thermostat only controls the baseboard heating - there's no cooling and it doesn't control the fan. So I can ignore most of them but should the mode be Heating or Auto? And, how do I control the heating - if I want the room to stay say, between 70 and 73 F, how would I set the Heat and Cool settings? For example, is it Heat to 70, so that it automatically turns on when it dips below 70, or do I need to manually set a rule to turn the heat on and off whenever I want (via HS3)?

Comment

I have a one that controls just my fireplace. I set to heating and fan is off. If you set the thermostat to 70 it will always stay at 70. Here are some of the events that I wrote. Only limited by your imagination.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-03-28 21-17-51.png
Views:	14
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1373467

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-03-28 21-16-58.png
Views:	13
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1373468

Comment

Aha, so if I leave the cooling at 0 (which it cannot do anyway) and set the heat setpoint to a specific F, it will turn itself on and off to keep as close as it can to that temp, I don't have to issue a command to turn it off when the room gets too warm, yes?

Comment

It works like any other thermostat. It will try to keep the temperature within 1 degree. If you set cooling to a high value, say 90, it will keep the cooling from trying to trigger if the mode is accidentally set to Cool. With events, you can set it to 60 at 11pm and 68 at 5am like you would with a programmable thermostat. You can also use weather information to control as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X