Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3Pro on SEL webserver quits responding & my solution

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS3Pro on SEL webserver quits responding & my solution

    Hello all,

    I have a HomeTroller SEL

    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Linux)

    The other day, it simply stopped responding. Connections to it from a browser either hung or took 10-15 minutes to respond.

    I could ssh in and it responded. Looking at the system processes, I could see the http server running. Vmstat showd the system was 100% idle and I could not find any reason for HS3 not to be responding. Please understand that although I support unix systems, I do not have much experience with HS3.

    I looked a the /etc/rc.local script and ran each command and redirected the output to a file (both in /tmp - they no longer exist) and watched.

    I run each of these commands:
    sudo modprobe ftdi-sio
    sudo echo 0403 c07f > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/ftdi_sio/new_id

    sudo /usr/local/HomeSeer/autostart_hs >/tmp/debug_log 2>&1 &
    printf "HomeSeer is starting..."

    sudo /etc/init.d/lighttpd start >/tmp/debug_log3 2>&1 &
    sudo /usr/local/HomeSeer/register_with_find.sh >/tmp/debug_log3 2>&1 &

    At first, vmstat showed user + system went to 100%. It stayed there for a long while and then suddenly stopped.

    During this time, the webserver kind of worked if you were willing to wait minutes to see the web pages.

    When the CPU usage dropped, Looked at the logs and I found a SIGSEGV listed for mono. For those of you there are not developers, this means we accessed memory we were not allowed to access.

    One of the last things the log files showed is that it was attempting to play a wav file.

    Research on this seemed to imply that this was an issue with mono OR a library it was loading. Checking my version of mono, I got:
    mono --version
    Mono JIT compiler version 5.0.1.1 (2017-02/5077205 Thu May 25 09:18:45 UTC 2017)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
    TLS: __thread
    SIGSEGV: altstack
    Notifications: epoll
    Architecture: x86
    Disabled: none
    Misc: softdebug
    LLVM: supported, not enabled.
    GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

    After finding the following thread:

    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...79#post1101879

    I decided to reinstall the mono csharp library:

    sudo apt-get -y install --reinstall libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil

    AFTER reinstalling this library and rebooting, my issue was resolved. I have no real clue about what happened, but it seems some part of this package became damaged.

    It has been 2 days now running again without any issues. Thanks to SPUD for mentioning this package!








Working...
X