Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to restore SEL to factory conditions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to restore SEL to factory conditions?

Replaced ancient but failed Zee with new SEL. During setup, installed HS4, tried to restore HS3 backup from the Zee, but it was a disaster. Devices, events, etc were totally messed up, and seemed to mess up other things as well. Trying to fix it but very little is working even with chat help. Considering starting all over and NOT using HS4 for now, so I can at least get started from my HS3 backup. So, how can I restore the SEL to factory conditions *WITH HS3*? Also, right now, have lost ALL ability to work with the SEL even via ssh - rejects any attempt to access. Is there a 'mechanical' restore option [like a hidden button]? All ideas much appreciated...

With much fiddling, I sort of found out how to do this. I connected a terminal and kbd, and noticed that a brief "system restore" choice came up for a couple of seconds after booting. Caught it in time and did it. It apparently wiped everything. I can now see the SEL with 'find' on the web, and it looks like HS3 comes up [not sure about this - is that what really happens?]. But it looks like an unregistered HS3 that I can't register, and a trial HS4 register fails perhaps because it is an HS3.

Still have an unworkable SEL. What should I do next?

Comment

Look for a sticker with the license info printed on it. My S6 came with that.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That's what I tried early on - it said something like "no more licenses available". Also tried my old failed Zee PW and that didn't work either. Perhaps it thinks my original register of the SEL is still active and won't let me register another box? Not sure what's going on...

Comment

The Zee license won't work, it's a different product.

There must be a maximum number of activation's allowed for a license. If you've exceeded that, you'd need to contact support for available options.

Alternately, if you can find the file /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/licenses.bin from the original SEL install, try restoring that and see if it works.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the sys restore seems to have wiped out all the old info. 😒 It looks like I will have to do everything over from scratch. Trying to restore info from my old Zee backup essentially converted my new SEL into a brick.

Comment

Working...
            X