Reliable access to an SEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable access to an SEL?

Did another factory reset on my SEL, redid everything I could in HS3 [no update] given a few new problems, but had admin access set up. Rebooted and still had full admin access.

Then added a couple of non-admin users, set up router to assign fixed IP address to SEL [which worked], but when HS3 came up after the reboot necessary to get the new IP address, it opens with a non-admin user so I have no useful access. I don't see a way to change users after this login in HS3. Is there a way to do that given such limited access with a non-admin acct?

Support suggested ssh access, going through a few steps to get root access, then deleting the [apparently root] users config file, removing all users, then setting up new users, but then giving admin access. Problem: root access the way they suggested was "invalid", so couldn't do it. Is there a way to get root/SEL access that works?

When I can get access, how can I set up a mixed set of users so that HS3 ALWAYS comes up as a particular admin user? I'm NOT using HYHS for access - web and phones to fixed IP address on LAN as only access. Used to work on a now-failed Zee for years...

First, though, how can I again get admin access?
Working...
X