Homeseer SEL Pro and Zigbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer SEL Pro and Zigbee

Is there any zigbee interface that will work on the SEL platform? Very disappointing that the Nortek stick is STILL unsupported..

A Z-Net will work.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
      A Z-Net will work.
      I don’t think so.... Z-Net is Z-wave, not Zigbee

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post

I don’t think so.... Z-Net is Z-wave, not Zigbee
        DUH. My bad.

Comment

zigbee2mqtt uses a TI USB Zigbee interface. I have distributed many of these for $10 and should have some left. It uses the mcsMQTT plugin. The physical device is managed with a nodejs service. I have not explicitly tried it on SEL, but I have on various RPi flavors. I can try on the Hometroller Pi and look to see if I have any more if you are interested.

Comment

I did confirm that I have a USB dongle for Zigbee. I also installed zigbee2mqtt on Hometroller Pi using the instructions at Running Zigbee2MQTT | zigbee2mqtt.io. No issues with install. I installed mcsMQTT from Updater. I went to General tab and changed the Broker from localhost to a blank text box. This started the internal MQTT broker. I then saw the messages from zigbee2mqtt appear on the mcsMQTT Statistics tab.

Bottom line is that zigbee2mqtt works with Hometroller Pi which should be the same as SEL.

Comment

The problem with the SEL is the very old version of linux it is running. It does not recognize the device and does not create the necessary /dev entries for it. I fixed mine by upgrading the OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X