HS4 not working after power cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 not working after power cycle

I powered down my HS4 and moved it so I could install a Nortek HUSBZB-1 (I only moved the HS4, I did not change anything). Linux boots and I can sign in locally. I can ping the HS4 but I cannot connect to port 80 or port 22. When I log in locally I start Chrome and see the default HomeSeer screen but I cannot do anything. I can connect outbound to www.google.com

Is the HomeSeer service not running? How can I check from the Linux command line?

Personally delay the startup of HS4 on my Ubuntu 20.04 box. Another Homeseer user had a similar issue and he put a check or wait for network connectivity before starting Homeseer.

SSH (port 22) always works for me on restart of box. Are you logging in via root or user?

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
    Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I was able to start HomeSeer with ./go
      I also was able to connect with putty and sign in with root and HomeSeer. It is intermittent. How do I check the file system?

Comment

What is intermittent?

You can check the filesystem with the 'badblocks' command.

First, get a list of filesystem mount points
        Code:
        ls /dev/mmcblk0p*
        Then run badblocks for each listed entry:
        Code:
        sudo badblocks -v /dev/mmcblk0p1
        sudo badblocks -v /dev/mmcblk0p2
        and so on. The final partition (likely p7) will take awhile, it's the main Linux filesystem disk.

To check if HomeSeer is running,
        Code:
        pgrep -af mono
        Will return a list of running mono processes. The main process is "HSConsole.exe" and any plugins start with "HSPI_". For example,
        Code:
        727 /usr/bin/mono HSConsole.exe --log
        774 /usr/bin/mono /opt/HomeSeer/HSPI_BLLAN.exe
        816 /usr/bin/mono /opt/HomeSeer/HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe
        831 /usr/bin/mono /opt/HomeSeer/HSPI_Sonos.exe
        848 /usr/bin/mono /opt/HomeSeer/HSPI_ZWave.exe

Comment

Thank you for the commands and your help. My partitions were sda, sda1 & sda3 but they all checked good. I feel like an idiot. My issue is that I moved the system too far from my AP. Even though the local system seemed slow, once I moved it back closer to the AP all is working again.

Now I am looking to swap out the Z-wave USB device that came with it for Nortek HUSBZB-1 so I can support my CREE Connected A-19 lights directly from the HomeSeer and not through Lightify. Since it is going away and actually stopped working last week.

Comment

Working...
          X