Copying Jon00 Occupancy Simulator plugin files to Hometroller SEL Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying Jon00 Occupancy Simulator plugin files to Hometroller SEL Pro

I'm trying to install the Occupancy Simulator from Jon00 to my Hometroller SEL Pro. Jon says to download the plugin from his website (done!), unzip it to a temp directory on my computer (done!) and then copy the files to my <homeseer root>\bin\Jon00Occupancy folder. It's been a while since I've tried to manually add files to my Hometroller and I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone give me a simple explanation of how to do this?

Bill

Best thing to use is WinSCP: https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

You can then drag/drop between the two.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. I installed WinSCP and, after about an hour, managed to login using "Homeseer" as the UID. After only a half hour, I found the Homeseer files in /usr/local/Homeseer. However, whenever I try to do pretty much anything other than look at an existing file, I get a "Permission denied" error.

I shut down Homeseer (but not the system) using the Tools//System/Shutdown Homeseer option in the HS4 UI but that doesn't seem to help. Is there something special I need to do to get root access?

Bill

Comment

You will need to give permission to all your HomeSeer directories

You may need to use Putty and enter the command:

sudo chmod -R 777 /usr/local/HomeSeer/

You should then be able to copy the files over using WinSCP.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. That worked perfectly!

I've been using Homeseer since version 1 although I quit trying to do anything new with it several years ago; hence my embarrassingly dumb questions. I really appreciate your help.

Bill

Comment

Jon,

I copied the various files as directed in the setup instructions after creating the Jon00Occupancy folder which I created using WinSCP in the /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin folder on my HomeTroller SEL running HS4.

I added the line: System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("mono", hs.GetAppPath & "/bin/Jon00Occupancy/Jon00Occupancy.exe") to the startup.vb file in the /scripts directory.

I saved everything and restarted HomeSeer and...nothing happened. There's no mention of Jon00Occupancy at all in the log file. Everything else loaded just fine.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I've checked everything several times and it all seems right to me. It just doesn't seem to do anything.

Bill

Comment

Jon,

To quote Emily Latella, "Nevermind!" I'm not sure why but I just rebooted HomeSeer yet again and, even though I didn't change anything, it now seems to be working. At least, I assume so since it showed up in the log. I guess the 3rd time really is the charm. Thanks for all your help. I went back to your website and made a donation since it seems like I'll be able to use this plugin after all!

Bill

Comment

Many thanks indeed. Glad you got it working!
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X