New HomeTroller-SEL to Ship Oct 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HomeTroller-SEL to Ship Oct 1st

Our newest HomeTroller starts shipping next week. HomeTroller-SEL replaces the HomeTroller SE with the following differences.

HomeTroller SEL
    Control HS3 or HS3PRO
    Plug-ins Linux-Compatible
    CPU 1.58 GHz Dual Core Celeron
    RAM 2 GB
    OS Linux
    Ports 3x USB, HDMI, VGA, LAN, Split Audio
    Network Ethernet, Wi-Fi
    Storage 32 GB SSD
    Power 7 watts
    MSRP $399.95 / $699.95

HomeTroller SE (previous model)
    Control HS3 or HS3PRO
    Plug-ins All
    CPU 1.0 GHz Via
    RAM 1 GB
    OS XPe
    Ports 2x USB, VGA, LAN, Audio in/out, keyboard, mouse
    Network Ethernet
    Storage 4 GB CF
    Power 10 watts
    MSRP $499.95 / $799.95

So, lot's of nice performance improvements in the new unit. At present, there are a number of plug-ins that do not yet support Linux, so won't run on this new box. That situation will improve over time. To see a complete list of plug-ins for Linux, check this list and look for items with the double asterisk (**).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macromark; September 25, 2014, 04:13 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Forgot one neat little tidbit... boot time from completely powered down to "Welcome to HomeSeer" announcement is just 17 seconds!

Comment

Thanks for cleaning up the first post. It confused me.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Thanks for cleaning up the first post. It confused me.
        Sure. It wasn't confusing when I composed it but the formatting was lost when I posted.

Comment

I'm glad to see you guys offering a linux-embedded device - very cool stuff!

What flavor of Linux is loaded?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Neato Mark!

Yesterday decided to try to modify an old Hometroller with Linux replacing the XPE on it. I personally think it will do better with HS3.

Just a curiosity thing and busy work here.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Yesterday decided to try to modify an old Hometroller with Linux replacing the XPE on it. I personally think it will do better with HS3.

Pete.

Presuming you were successful?

I tried this with an HT2 earlier in the year on various combos of the DOM, CF card and Ubuntu, Lubuntu etc and failed miserably.

Subsequently I went with an Ubuntu VM which worked well, except for the very limited plugin support.

Gave up and went back to Windows

Would you mind sharing your HT setup if you were able to get it working.

Cheers
              James
              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Neato Mark!

Just a curiosity thing and busy work here.
                I suspect you're right based on our experience with this little guy. The thing screams! Now, if we can just get everyone to port their plug-ins over to Linux...

Of course, some things simply won't port over. There's no Linux driver for the Way2Call telephone interfaces, so HSPhone support will not be there. The Sonos plug-in uses some Windows code (as I understand), so that won't port over. However, for most other plug-ins, porting should be fairly simple. From what Rich has told me, it may be as simple as changing the "/" characters in the path statements, for many plug-ins. Of course, the developers also need a test environment too; that may pose the biggest obstacle.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  I'm glad to see you guys offering a linux-embedded device - very cool stuff!

What flavor of Linux is loaded?
                  Thanks. it's Lubuntu.

Comment

Thanks Mark.

That whole windows only driver thing is why I am playing with Wine. The "test" box is a Joggler with only an Atom CPU and 512Mb of internal memory; really a little little box.

Speaker and HSTouch client here are all running in Wine just fine. HSTouch runs faster in Linux Wine than Linux via Mono. (well that is my stuff though). Note that this is Ubuntu 14.04 running on a filled up 16Gb SSD. Have to switch over to a 32Gb SSD cuz I keep installing more stuff on it.

You can "al la carte" what you need in Wine to run stuff. So say for W2C box you just run the plugin in Wine and have it talk to the HS3 instance in Linux. The stuff I have been testing works for me so far.

@ James

Not there yet. Hoping to get a Hometroller in the next few days to play with.

Trying to break the box and running Openhab on it too. (runs way faster in Linux than Windows). Note that I can run HS3 and OpenHab and have them both talk to my Omnipro II panel at the same time and it works fine.

Launching the openHAB runtime...
                    osgi> 10:50:59.606 INFO o.o.c.internal.CoreActivator[:61] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.5.0).
                    10:51:09.858 INFO o.o.i.s.i.DiscoveryServiceImpl[:72] - mDNS service has been started
                    10:51:13.117 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model 'main.sitemap'
                    10:51:14.881 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model 'main.script'
                    10:51:15.095 INFO o.o.io.rest.RESTApplication[:143] - Started REST API at /rest
                    10:51:15.455 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model 'main.items'
                    10:51:20.694 INFO o.o.u.w.i.s.WebAppServlet[:79] - Started Classic UI at /openhab.app

10:51:32.643 INFO o.o.b.o.i.OmniLinkBinding[:398] - System: SystemStatus ( timeDateValid = true year = 14 month = 9 day = 26 dayOfWeek = 5 hour = 10 minute = 51 second = 31 daylightSavings = true sunriseHour = 6 sunriseMinute = 42 sunsetHour = 18 sunsetMinute = 42 batteryReading = 229 alarms = {} )
                    10:51:39.567 INFO o.o.b.o.i.OmniLinkBinding[:410] - Group All
                    Group Lights "Lights" (All)
                    Group Thermostats "Thermostats" (All)

osgi> 10:44:44.993 INFO o.o.io.rest.RESTApplication[:159] - Stopped REST API
                    10:44:51.584 INFO o.o.u.w.i.s.WebAppServlet[:90] - Stopped Classic UI
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pete; September 26, 2014, 10:34 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      I suspect you're right based on our experience with this little guy. The thing screams! Now, if we can just get everyone to port their plug-ins over to Linux...

Of course, some things simply won't port over. There's no Linux driver for the Way2Call telephone interfaces, so HSPhone support will not be there. The Sonos plug-in uses some Windows code (as I understand), so that won't port over. However, for most other plug-ins, porting should be fairly simple. From what Rich has told me, it may be as simple as changing the "/" characters in the path statements, for many plug-ins. Of course, the developers also need a test environment too; that may pose the biggest obstacle.
                      Not wishing to detract from the thread too much but on the general topic could you just nudge Rich on bug #1457 which is fairly crucial to people using Linux for serial port applications (I have not seen mentioned that it has been fixed). Also does he have a method in place/workaround for limitation #1 here http://www.mono-project.com/archived...systemioports/ which would also be fairly crucial to some Linux installations.

I have no burning desire to live on Windows and may potentially look to move off it so these sorts of things are quite important to me and no doubt others also.

Comment

Looks to be like this motherboard; eh Mark?

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=24

I never did buy it; hemed and hawed about it though for a couple of weeks.

CPU - INTEL C1037U Celeron Dual-core 1.8GHz
                        Chipset - Intel C1037U+NM70
                        Graphics Cores - INTEL{R}HD Graphics
                        RAM - DDR3 SO-DIMM (or 2GB ,4GB,8GB optional)
                        graphics memory - GPU onboard 512M
                        Resolution - 1024*600,1366*768,1920*1080,,800x600,640x480
                        Color Depth - 32bit
                        Dimension - 19.7*19.7*4cm
                        Hard Drive Capacity - 160GB,320GB, 500GB,1TB or 8G16GB,32GB,64G ,128GB Optional
                        Video - HDMI+VGA
                        audio frequency - Realtek ALC6662
                        OS Supported - WIN7, Linux, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Ubuntu,Debian etc.
                        Network - 1*RTL8111DL Onboard NIC Gigabit Lan, Wake-On-LAN Or WIFI
                        Power Adapter - input 110-220V(AC),output:12V(DC)/2A
                        I/O Port
                        4*USB2.0,
                        1*HDMI 1.3,
                        1*VAG,
                        1*MIC,
                        1*SPK,
                        1*DC-IN jack,
                        1*RJ 45Lan port ,
                        1*On/Off Power Switch
                        Rs232

Geez there is also an AMD E240 similiar computer now.

- 1.5Ghz with 2Gb of ram and a 16Gb SSD and AMD Radeon HD6310 graphics.

These would make neato XBMC boxes too. Found a tiny one that could be used for XBMC. Very simple box.
                        Last edited by Pete; September 26, 2014, 03:57 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm excited about this new SEL box. All of my plugins are Linux compatible. My only concern is my USB to serial converter which runs on Windows software. It is an old Siig USB to 2 serial ports (Prolific chipset). Will I be able to install the software for this on the SEL?

Comment

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
                            I'm excited about this new SEL box. All of my plugins are Linux compatible. My only concern is my USB to serial converter which runs on Windows software. It is an old Siig USB to 2 serial ports (Prolific chipset). Will I be able to install the software for this on the SEL?
                            We don't have one to test (at least I don't think we do) but the Prolific chip is pretty widely supported under Linux. I don't expect a problem.

Comment

The new HomeTroller-SEL looks like it's based on the Gigabyte GB-BXBT-2807 Barebone PC. $400 is a fair price considering you're getting a system ready to use that includes an HS3 license, memory and SSD drive. I hope it ships on Oct 1 so I can get if by Friday

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                              X