HomeTroller-SEL does not start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller-SEL does not start up

I was adding new rooms to my HomeTroller system and noticed that it wasn't picking up all the changes in my android.

I restarted the linux box and now the Hometroller program does not start up at all! All I get is a chromium message "This web page is not available". Keying in localhost, 127.1.1.1 or the Machine IP brings the same message,

I'm not a linux guru .. and don't have a clue where to start. The system is D.E.A.D. Short of me re-configuring completely .. does anyone have any ideas?

Originally posted by bobgott View Post
    I was adding new rooms to my HomeTroller system and noticed that it wasn't picking up all the changes in my android.

I restarted the linux box and now the Hometroller program does not start up at all! All I get is a chromium message "This web page is not available". Keying in localhost, 127.1.1.1 or the Machine IP brings the same message,

I'm not a linux guru .. and don't have a clue where to start. The system is D.E.A.D. Short of me re-configuring completely .. does anyone have any ideas?
    That's not good! Call the office Monday or put in a helpdesk ticket so one of our techs can troubleshoot with you.

Mark
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I might have to reset tonight .. as it has to be running tonight as it services some wheel chair bound folks in this home.

Comment

Hello bobgott, I may be able to help determine if it's dead if you have access to the HomeTroller-SEL. There are a few commands you can run to determine if HSConsole.exe is even running. Feel free to drop me an e-mail at ultrajones@hotmail.com with your telephone number and I'll call you.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones ...
          Just sent you email w/my cell phone, am also running VNC if that would help.

Comment

OK, first 1,000,000 thanks to Ultrajones for solving this really 'weird' problem.

To summarize (just for the record).

When I tried to change from DHCP to Static IP within Homeseer .. 2 problem appeared. The first is that Homeseer cut/off part of my manually ip address, and two; it changed the listening port from 80 to 81!!! (that was fatal!!!)

(Please note I also had to go into the linux network control and change from DHCP to static as well).

Ultrajones figured out the port change.

I changed back to DHCP (using a hard wire not wireless .. see other post on that problem) but for some reason Hometroller turned OFF all of my Z-Wave devices when I changed back to DHCP.

HomeTroller SEL has some really serious bugs.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for making light of this. I will look into this issue and make sure it does not happen again.

Comment

I changed back to DHCP (using a hard wire not wireless .. see other post on that problem) but for some reason Hometroller turned OFF all of my Z-Wave devices when I changed back to DHCP.
                Correction: Hometroller turned OFF all of my Z-Wave devices when I changed from Wireless (static IP) back to Hard Wire (DHCP). Everything worked fine after I turned Z-Wave devices back on.

Comment

Yep, that feature that automatically goes to the next port # when it detects one in use is bad, especially for a controller. I have removed it.

OK, first 1,000,000 thanks to Ultrajones for solving this really 'weird' problem.

To summarize (just for the record).

When I tried to change from DHCP to Static IP within Homeseer .. 2 problem appeared. The first is that Homeseer cut/off part of my manually ip address, and two; it changed the listening port from 80 to 81!!! (that was fatal!!!)

(Please note I also had to go into the linux network control and change from DHCP to static as well).

Ultrajones figured out the port change.

HomeTroller SEL has some really serious bugs.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X