Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjh
    replied
    Yep, that feature that automatically goes to the next port # when it detects one in use is bad, especially for a controller. I have removed it.

Originally posted by bobgott View Post
    OK, first 1,000,000 thanks to Ultrajones for solving this really 'weird' problem.

To summarize (just for the record).

When I tried to change from DHCP to Static IP within Homeseer .. 2 problem appeared. The first is that Homeseer cut/off part of my manually ip address, and two; it changed the listening port from 80 to 81!!! (that was fatal!!!)

(Please note I also had to go into the linux network control and change from DHCP to static as well).

Ultrajones figured out the port change.

I changed back to DHCP (using a hard wire not wireless .. see other post on that problem) but for some reason Hometroller turned OFF all of my Z-Wave devices when I changed back to DHCP.

HomeTroller SEL has some really serious bugs.

Leave a comment:

• bobgott
    replied
    I changed back to DHCP (using a hard wire not wireless .. see other post on that problem) but for some reason Hometroller turned OFF all of my Z-Wave devices when I changed back to DHCP.
    Correction: Hometroller turned OFF all of my Z-Wave devices when I changed from Wireless (static IP) back to Hard Wire (DHCP). Everything worked fine after I turned Z-Wave devices back on.

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for making light of this. I will look into this issue and make sure it does not happen again.

Leave a comment:

• bobgott
    replied
    OK, first 1,000,000 thanks to Ultrajones for solving this really 'weird' problem.

To summarize (just for the record).

When I tried to change from DHCP to Static IP within Homeseer .. 2 problem appeared. The first is that Homeseer cut/off part of my manually ip address, and two; it changed the listening port from 80 to 81!!! (that was fatal!!!)

(Please note I also had to go into the linux network control and change from DHCP to static as well).

Ultrajones figured out the port change.

HomeTroller SEL has some really serious bugs.

Leave a comment:

• bobgott
    replied
    Ultrajones ...
    Just sent you email w/my cell phone, am also running VNC if that would help.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Hello bobgott, I may be able to help determine if it's dead if you have access to the HomeTroller-SEL. There are a few commands you can run to determine if HSConsole.exe is even running. Feel free to drop me an e-mail at ultrajones@hotmail.com with your telephone number and I'll call you.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• bobgott
    replied
    I might have to reset tonight .. as it has to be running tonight as it services some wheel chair bound folks in this home.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    I was adding new rooms to my HomeTroller system and noticed that it wasn't picking up all the changes in my android.

I restarted the linux box and now the Hometroller program does not start up at all! All I get is a chromium message "This web page is not available". Keying in localhost, 127.1.1.1 or the Machine IP brings the same message,

I'm not a linux guru .. and don't have a clue where to start. The system is D.E.A.D. Short of me re-configuring completely .. does anyone have any ideas?
    That's not good! Call the office Monday or put in a helpdesk ticket so one of our techs can troubleshoot with you.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• bobgott
    started a topic HomeTroller-SEL does not start up

HomeTroller-SEL does not start up

I was adding new rooms to my HomeTroller system and noticed that it wasn't picking up all the changes in my android.

I restarted the linux box and now the Hometroller program does not start up at all! All I get is a chromium message "This web page is not available". Keying in localhost, 127.1.1.1 or the Machine IP brings the same message,

I'm not a linux guru .. and don't have a clue where to start. The system is D.E.A.D. Short of me re-configuring completely .. does anyone have any ideas?
Working...
X