HS3 SEL - X10? - Arrggg!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 SEL - X10? - Arrggg!!!

I made the jump from HS2 to HS SEL for Xmas and planning to go Z-Wave over time and retire the x10 that is all over the place. I have a working CM11A with a Belkin F5U409 USB to serial converter (LINK and RX lights but no TX lights). The SEL "sees" the CM11A via lsusb command. HS3 "sees" the CM11A with an OK status. however no X10 commands are coming from the SEL. Tried looking for a Belkin driver for Linux but no luck. Even took an old X10 signal indicator to verify no X10 is being put on the wire from the SEL.

What am I missing here?

Any and all advice would be welcomed and appreciated...
    j

Are you setting up your devices correctly, you have to go into the X10 tab when you create a new device and select a house/unit code there. Don't set the house/unit code in the first page (under the room drop down) as it will do nothing.

Comment

Thanks MH... yes, I used the 10 tab to configure the device with no luck. This is the response from the log file for my device A1 Test. is the "From: CAPI Control Handler" the right response? Though it would have said CM11A or something like that. Hoping that might give you some indication.

Device: X10 Unknown a1 test 2 to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Thanks,
      j

Comment

So this is really weird, but if I plug the CM11a into the same spot ( in the basement) next to the breaker panel, everything works. The nature of x10 I guess....bring on the Z-Wave! Guess that means that the SEL needs to stay in the rack in the basement where the old HS2 PC is... not perfect, but it will do for now!

j

Comment

Working...
        X