Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the WD-100+ firmware ever support all LEDs off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will the WD-100+ firmware ever support all LEDs off?

    Is there any plan for the WD100+ firmware to ever support a mode similar to the WD200+ where the dim level LEDs only show when changing the dim level locally? (So not necessarily supporting status control of each LED, just ability to have them all off when not changing dim level).

    I've got a bank of dimmers, three are WD100+ and one a WD200+ in status mode which only shows the DIM level when I'm operating the switch locally. I really like this feature and would prefer the same to apply to the other 3 WD100's in that box. In this case, I don't need the RGB, multi-tap 4/5, or status functionality on the WD100's, but much prefer the look of no LEDs active except for LEDs showing status. Just recently upgraded to the WD100's for these switches, so not thrilled with the idea of replacing all with WD200's.

    Thanks.

    (BTW - very happy with the WD200+ - already finding being able to show status of things on the bedroom dimmer very helpful).

  • #2
    I'd like to put my voice in for this feature. I'd rather not have so many LED lit up telling me what the dim level is when the switch has been idle. In addition when you have several switches the amount of light from the switches gets quite bright.
    I can't believe that this would take much firmware space.

    I'd also like to see the ability for the bottom LED to be turn on dimly when the switch is off. Again the firmware space would be minimal plus since the output would be off letting the processor PWM the bottom LED would not effect dimmer operations.

    Have you considered changing the WD100+ ramp controls to work the same way as the WD200? The simpler dim rate in seconds is easier for most people to follow other than the two parameters needed now. The only thing that I would change on the WD200+ is that the ramp rate be in 1/10 of a second not seconds.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    System Uptime: 9 Days 1 Hour 6 Minutes 33 Seconds | IP Address: 10.0.2.16 | Number of Devices: 421 | Number of Events: 668 | Available Threads: 399 | HSTouch Enabled: True | Event Threads: 13027

    Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.59.0: BLBackup | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ | 3.6.1.3: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P | 3.0.1.258: Z-Wave

    Comment


    • #3
      +1
      Also, I would like some way to dim the LED indicators themselves - they are very bright in the dark.
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

      Comment


      • #4
        I just installed my first WD100+ and I think I just discovered that the LEDs cannot be turned off when the load is on. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING! I installed a FC200 at the same time and enabling "status mode" gives me the exact behavior I expect.

        So is it correct that there is no way to achieve this behavior with the WD100? There are no work arounds? If I change to WD200 I will get the behavior I expect?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lingerba View Post
          I just installed my first WD100+ and I think I just discovered that the LEDs cannot be turned off when the load is on. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING! I installed a FC200 at the same time and enabling "status mode" gives me the exact behavior I expect.

          So is it correct that there is no way to achieve this behavior with the WD100? There are no work arounds? If I change to WD200 I will get the behavior I expect?
          Only 200 series devices have LED control. That would be the switch, dimmer or fan controller. The 100 series never had that capability. There are no work arounds.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rprade View Post
            Only 200 series devices have LED control. That would be the switch, dimmer or fan controller. The 100 series never had that capability. There are no work arounds.
            Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what is the standard behavior of the LED for the switch? I have a bunch of the 100 series switches and dimmers, so I guess I might be returning them for 200 series.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lingerba View Post

              Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what is the standard behavior of the LED for the switch? I have a bunch of the 100 series switches and dimmers, so I guess I might be returning them for 200 series.
              The switch can be configured for the LED On with load On or Off With load On. The dimmer can do the same with only the bottom LED. On 200 series single LED on the switch, the 4 on the fan controller and the 7 on the dimmer, each LED can individually set to any of 7 colors and set to steady or blink.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rprade View Post
                The switch can be configured for the LED On with load On or Off With load On. The dimmer can do the same with only the bottom LED. On 200 series single LED on the switch, the 4 on the fan controller and the 7 on the dimmer, each LED can individually set to any of 7 colors and set to steady or blink.
                What I am ultimately looking for (switch and dimmer) is to have all LEDs off when the load is on or off. I only want to see the LEDs on the dimmer while the switch is being operated. From your post above, it sounds like the 100 series switch will work for me, but I will need 200 series dimmers. Is that right?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lingerba View Post

                  What I am ultimately looking for (switch and dimmer) is to have all LEDs off when the load is on or off. I only want to see the LEDs on the dimmer while the switch is being operated. From your post above, it sounds like the 100 series switch will work for me, but I will need 200 series dimmers. Is that right?
                  That can’t be done with the dimmers. The dimmer has a normal mode and a status mode. In normal mode, the LEDs show the dim level. In normal mode they can be set to any color, not Off. You can optionally have the bottom LED on when the load is off, but when the load is on the LEDs show the level. If the LEDs are in status mode you can set any of them individually to any of the seven colors or Off. In Status mode the normal LED display of level is disabled. At least 1 LED must be in status mode to disable the normal mode. The status mode is displayed regardless of the load state.

                  On the switches the LED can be on when the load is on or off when the load is off. The 100 series can be set to always off. I don’t know if the 200 series does this. The single LED on the switch can be set to status mode. I don’t have a fan control yet (3 on the way), but it would be safe to guess it is similar to the dimmer, but with 4 LEDs.

                  Randy Prade
                  Aurora, CO
                  Prades.net

                  PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    That can’t be done with the dimmers. The dimmer has a normal mode and a status mode. In normal mode, the LEDs show the dim level. In normal mode they can be set to any color, not Off. You can optionally have the bottom LED on when the load is off, but when the load is on the LEDs show the level. If the LEDs are in status mode you can set any of them individually to any of the seven colors or Off. In Status mode the normal LED display of level is disabled. At least 1 LED must be in status mode to disable the normal mode. The status mode is displayed regardless of the load state.

                    On the switches the LED can be on when the load is on or off when the load is off. The 100 series can be set to always off. I don’t know if the 200 series does this. The single LED on the switch can be set to status mode. I don’t have a fan control yet (3 on the way), but it would be safe to guess it is similar to the dimmer, but with 4 LEDs.
                    Thanks for your responses. I think I am clear on the switches and they will work how I want them to.

                    I still question the dimmer operation on the 200 series; only because I see the behavior that I desire on the FC200 (200 series fan controller). When I started the FC200 was in "normal mode" so the LEDs would stay on all of the time showing the fan speed or they would all be off if the fan was off. I set the FC200 to "status mode" while the fan was on full speed (100%) and all of the LEDs turned off. As I pressed the buttons to adjust the fan speed up and down, the LEDs turned on/off showing the level and then they all turned after about a second. They all stay off until I press the button to adjust speed and then they show the current speed for a second and then turn off. This is the behavior that I desire for the dimmer and I am hoping the WD200 offers this.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lingerba View Post

                      Thanks for your responses. I think I am clear on the switches and they will work how I want them to.

                      I still question the dimmer operation on the 200 series; only because I see the behavior that I desire on the FC200 (200 series fan controller). When I started the FC200 was in "normal mode" so the LEDs would stay on all of the time showing the fan speed or they would all be off if the fan was off. I set the FC200 to "status mode" while the fan was on full speed (100%) and all of the LEDs turned off. As I pressed the buttons to adjust the fan speed up and down, the LEDs turned on/off showing the level and then they all turned after about a second. They all stay off until I press the button to adjust speed and then they show the current speed for a second and then turn off. This is the behavior that I desire for the dimmer and I am hoping the WD200 offers this.
                      I think this video confirms what I am looking for. Thank you again for your help!

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCB4Dq7lq9I

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        At least 1 LED must be in status mode to disable the normal mode.
                        On the WD200 if you go to Z-Wave/Settings/Status and set it to Enabled then the switch is always in status mode even when the lights are on and all status LEDs are off.

                        If you want to have dark mode in bedrooms then you have to control each 200 series device individually rather than use ALL. That way other rooms will still see status but bedrooms can be forced off. Now you can turn off all LEDs that have been set using all but the next time they are updated they will come back on.



                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500
                        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                        System Uptime: 9 Days 1 Hour 6 Minutes 33 Seconds | IP Address: 10.0.2.16 | Number of Devices: 421 | Number of Events: 668 | Available Threads: 399 | HSTouch Enabled: True | Event Threads: 13027

                        Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.59.0: BLBackup | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ | 3.6.1.3: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P | 3.0.1.258: Z-Wave

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lingerba View Post

                          I think this video confirms what I am looking for. Thank you again for your help!

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCB4Dq7lq9I
                          Looks like "Set Device LED Mode" shown near the end of the video has been removed. I wonder why?

                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500
                          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                          System Uptime: 9 Days 1 Hour 6 Minutes 33 Seconds | IP Address: 10.0.2.16 | Number of Devices: 421 | Number of Events: 668 | Available Threads: 399 | HSTouch Enabled: True | Event Threads: 13027

                          Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.59.0: BLBackup | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ | 3.6.1.3: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P | 3.0.1.258: Z-Wave

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X