No announcement yet.

WS-200+ Paddle Not Working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rjh - My support ticket from Sept 4th was: 28380. I did not contact support again for this instance as I know what to do to restore it but I am hoping we can figure out the cuase and stop it from occurring repeatedly.

It is as if "Local Protection" were enabled on the switch. This would disable local control of the device but how would that happen on its own? Is that even implemented on the WS200?

Edit: I didn't swap the WS200 out as it was the first instance of it locking up. I recently RMA'd an FC200 that died on me, maybe that's what they are recalling.
    Last edited by aruffell; November 7th, 2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I checked with support and so far we have only replaced about 6 HS-WS100 switches since we started selling them, so this for sure looks like a defective switch, I don't see a history of this happening often enough for it to be a design problem. Please re-open your ticket and we will replace your switch.

Originally posted by aruffell View Post
      rjh - My support ticket from Sept 4th was: 28380. I did not contact support again for this instance as I know what to do to restore it but I am hoping we can figure out the cuase and stop it from occurring repeatedly.

It is as if "Local Protection" were enabled on the switch. This would disable local control of the device but how would that happen on its own? Is that even implemented on the WS200?

Edit: I didn't swap the WS200 out as it was the first instance of it locking up. I recently RMA'd an FC200 that died on me, maybe that's what they are recalling.
      website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I opened a ticket as you suggested for a replacement. I also purchased another one via Amazon which will arrive tomorrow so that I can swap it out without having to wait > a week for the exchange to be done without a switch in the wall.

Comment

Working...
        X