Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical Central Sceens in Switches & Dimmers just stopped working...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Central Sceens in Switches & Dimmers just stopped working...

Noticed last night that some of my HS Dimmers and Switches stopped working. They still work locally to turn off and on a light, but they no longer work with a tap or hold. All Cental Scene commands have stopped working. The events that used to work still do if fired manually. I can control them them through HSTouch and the web interface. Checked them through the Zwave plugin and they communicate well and seem to have passed the audits. No error in the log... Anyone seen this before?

One POSSIBLE clue is that for the first time I have noticed items like this in my network's node information:
    Node XX Z-Wave Sigma Switch Multilevel (Node XX)
    I have several of these. Have no idea what they were or are. The node number does NOT correspond to the nodes of the switches and dimmers having problems....

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    Noticed last night that some of my HS Dimmers and Switches stopped working. They still work locally to turn off and on a light, but they no longer work with a tap or hold. All Cental Scene commands have stopped working. The events that used to work still do if fired manually. I can control them them through HSTouch and the web interface. Checked them through the Zwave plugin and they communicate well and seem to have passed the audits. No error in the log... Anyone seen this before?

One POSSIBLE clue is that for the first time I have noticed items like this in my network's node information:
    Node XX Z-Wave Sigma Switch Multilevel (Node XX)
    I have several of these. Have no idea what they were or are. The node number does NOT correspond to the nodes of the switches and dimmers having problems....
    I had one HS-WD100+ dimmer quit sending Central Scene a couple of weeks ago. It could still be controlled locally or by Event, but the Scene commands stopped being sent. I disconnected it for about 15 seconds using the air gap switch at the bottom. It started working again after that. It was just that one time and I have not had any others do that. On a switch there is no air gap, so it would have to be disconnected at the breaker.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I had one HS-WD100+ dimmer quit sending Central Scene a couple of weeks ago. It could still be controlled locally or by Event, but the Scene commands stopped being sent. I disconnected it for about 15 seconds using the air gap switch at the bottom. It started working again after that. It was just that one time and I have not had any others do that. On a switch there is no air gap, so it would have to be disconnected at the breaker.
      I've had this happen twice over the past couple of months with another brand central scene capable dimmer. Opening the air gap switch corrected it both times, and still no idea why it's happening.
      Last edited by cc4005; August 24th, 2018, 02:35 PM. Reason: typo
      -Wade

Comment

OK, wow. That is interesting. I tried it on the one Dimmer that wasn't working and it did not change anything. I thought maybe it might be a firmware issue as I was several releases back. I updated ALL of the HS dimmers and switches. No change on the original problem children but now I have MORE that are no longer firing Central Control taps. Ugh. So far they all are switches. Going to have to wait until everyone is out tomorrow and turn off the breakers and see if that does it....

Comment

OK, so I tried the air gap on the dimmers. Nothing. Pulled the breakers on the switches. Nothing. Instead of spending the day by the pool, I am spending it looking at node numbers and firmware levels. One switch did come back, but only partially. Only half the central scenes associated with it work. SO weird.....

Comment

I've been able to solve this issue by going to the zwave tab of the root device and optimizing the node, you could also attempt to audit the node. This issue typically happens to me after a power failure but usually only affects 1 or 2 switches

Comment

Thanks to all who gave their solutions. So over the course of three days I had (that I know of....) 6 HS WD100's and 3 WS100's lose their minds. The one way that worked to get central control back was to rescan and then RENAME them. If I just rescanned, the central scene events would not come back. If I rescanned and then renamed them, they would work. I know. It makes no sense, but I replicated this on the last 5. However, 2 of them I had to remove and re-add. So weird. Hope this doesn't happen every time the power goes out or I may just go back to X10 and forget the central scenes...… Geez, what a PITA!

Comment

Working...
              X