Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the 100's add, the 200's should, 200's are based off the 100's. How far is the 200 switch from the controller? While the 200 series can do network wide inclusion, it will not work if there are non-z-wave+ devices in the routing. As a test can you wire a plug to the 200 switch and try to add it close to the controller? That will tell us if its a range issue.

Also, go to the node info page in the Z-Wave plugin and check the polling section on all your devices. Are you polling? If so, turn that off. Too much polling will overload the Z-Wave network and it will be really hard to add devices.

Originally posted by JAB View Post
    Thanks for the tips - no luck. I just added two more 100 series switches without a problem. Grrr.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

• rjh,
      You mentioned a fix for having wd200 firmware update change IDs on the homeseer software.
      Can you elaborate at all?

I am currently programming my home and creating ALOT of events. I'd l hate to need to recreate them all so I'd like to futureproof my programming if possible.
      Looking forward to fixed fw.

Comment

• Currently, if you apply the WD200 update it removes the node ID so you have to add it back. Yes, this messes up any events. I wish we had a fix for this, but right now we do not. We have a theory as to what is happening so we might be able to put in a fix, but it will be a while.

We are testing the latest WD200 build right now and it looks good. If all tests pass I will post it shortly.

Originally posted by Loafdude View Post
        rjh,
        You mentioned a fix for having wd200 firmware update change IDs on the homeseer software.
        Can you elaborate at all?

I am currently programming my home and creating ALOT of events. I'd l hate to need to recreate them all so I'd like to futureproof my programming if possible.
        Looking forward to fixed fw.

Comment

• Rich, how about creating a utility that will allow us to save the events and remap to the new note ID. I mean, you have control over this under the hood. This is the sort of thing that separates HomeSeer from consumer grade boxes. It's powerful!
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

• Not impossible, but a bit of work. I started this a while ago and ran into an issue.

For this though, after updating the firmware, add the dimmer back, if it adds with a new ID go to the properties of the old dimmer, Z-Wave tab, and use the drop list and set the node ID to the new dimmer. All set.

Set the newly added dimmer to the old ID and then use the remove button to remove the ID from the interface.

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
            Rich, how about creating a utility that will allow us to save the events and remap to the new note ID. I mean, you have control over this under the hood. This is the sort of thing that separates HomeSeer from consumer grade boxes. It's powerful!

Comment

• Any chance we can get the firmware before this weekend?
              Its holding up my config/install due to the node change after update.

Thanks!

Comment

• I just posted updated firmware for the HS-WD200+, see the initial post of this thread for details and a download link. This version fixes the problem where multiple taps would control the load. It also adds the ability to set the lowest supported dim level to avoid flickering on some LED bulbs or other issues with lower dim levels. To set the parameter for the lowest dim level make sure you update to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.249.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  It also adds the ability to set the lowest supported dim level to avoid flickering on some LED bulbs or other issues with lower dim levels. To set the parameter for the lowest dim level make sure you update to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.249.
                  Looking forward to trying this out. Does the HS team have plans to do this for the top end too? Also, does this readjust the scale of the whole multilevel?

Joe

Comment

• Thanks! Works great.
                    Great surprise with the dim range control, I was going to do it in software but this is much better.
                    I have use cases where I'd love to raise the minimum dim.
                    Is the firmware capable of dim limits higher than 20%? Perhaps that option just isn't exposed by the z-wave plugin?

Barnacle:
                    The scale changes.
                    I personally don't see a use case for protecting the user from going too bright.

Comment

• After some tinkering I've found the following;
                      Group2 Associations must be made both ways
                      Group2 Devices must have the same ramps and lowest dim setting. The switches fight each other otherwise.
                      Status mode LEDs operate independent of Group2 associations and are not copied (that's a good thing)

If you have multiple WD200 in the same Room/location and Floor/location2 with the same name (ie default names) on the root device the event system cannot generate the list of WD200 devices to change LED colours.
                      Perhaps Ref or NodeID should be used or incorporated into the unique key instead.
                      Here is a pic
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1263182

Not a deal breaker for me just inconvenient.

Comment

• Sorry multiposting here
                        You also must 'link' the dimmer control child device on the configuration page

Question - If I have 3 devices in the group 2 association what is the correct way to link them?
                        I'm thinking?
                        1 -> 2
                        2 -> 3
                        3 -> 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafdude View Post
                          Question - If I have 3 devices in the group 2 association what is the correct way to link them?
                          I'm thinking?
                          1 -> 2
                          2 -> 3
                          3 -> 1
                          Wouldn't it be this?

1 -> 2, 3
                          2 -> 1, 3
                          3 -> 1, 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafdude View Post
                            Thanks! Works great.
                            Great surprise with the dim range control, I was going to do it in software but this is much better.
                            I have use cases where I'd love to raise the minimum dim.
                            Is the firmware capable of dim limits higher than 20%? Perhaps that option just isn't exposed by the z-wave plugin?

Barnacle:
                            The scale changes.
                            I personally don't see a use case for protecting the user from going too bright.
                            In my experience, most LED loads achieve max brightness well below the 100% multilevel setting, in some cases as low as 70%. When using the dimmer locally, the user gets to 70% then nothing changes from there to 100%. It would be nice to have the scale adjustable on both the high and low, to make the unique load "fit" the full span of the multilevel.

This has not been an issue with incandescent loads (in my limited experience).

Does this make sense?

Joe

Comment

• This is correct and do NOT use the linking feature in HS, that would probably cause issues.

Originally posted by Doug Meredith View Post

Wouldn't it be this?

1 -> 2, 3
                              2 -> 1, 3
                              3 -> 1, 2

Comment

• That might be a nice future addition but currently the intent was to allow for the adjustment of the lower level so the light does not flicker.

Originally posted by The Barnacle View Post

In my experience, most LED loads achieve max brightness well below the 100% multilevel setting, in some cases as low as 70%. When using the dimmer locally, the user gets to 70% then nothing changes from there to 100%. It would be nice to have the scale adjustable on both the high and low, to make the unique load "fit" the full span of the multilevel.

This has not been an issue with incandescent loads (in my limited experience).

Does this make sense?

Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X