This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjh View Post
    This is correct and do NOT use the linking feature in HS, that would probably cause issues.
    Then group2 is broken.

I do this;
    1. Have two WD200 switches
    2. Associate the root devices together on both devices
    3. adjust the load to 100% on switch 1
    4. adjust the load to 50% on switch 2
    If you look at dim values after doing the above you get
    • switch 1 =100%
    • switch 2 =50%.
    • The lights themselves will be at 50%.
    • Any adjustment to switch 1 makes the lights instant to 100% and adjust from there.
    If I link "Switch MultiLevel" together then the above stays in sync and things work properly.

The reason I can't link 1 -> 2,3 is because linking only allows linking to 1 device.

Does this make sense?

Comment

• Well, its working as designed. You want the secondary dimmer to send an update to HS, it does not do that. The association on the first dimmer simply tells the second dimmer what the first dimmer is set to. There is no way for the second dimmer to send an update to HS as its being controlled, its not controlling anything. To keep them in sync in HS you will need to set up polling. Not much we can do about this one. We would have to set up another parameter where the dimmer would report its status to a controller if it was controlled remotely.

Originally posted by Loafdude View Post
      Then group2 is broken.

I do this;
      1. Have two WD200 switches
      2. Associate the root devices together on both devices
      3. adjust the load to 100% on switch 1
      4. adjust the load to 50% on switch 2
      If you look at dim values after doing the above you get
      • switch 1 =100%
      • switch 2 =50%.
      • The lights themselves will be at 50%.
      • Any adjustment to switch 1 makes the lights instant to 100% and adjust from there.
      If I link "Switch MultiLevel" together then the above stays in sync and things work properly.

The reason I can't link 1 -> 2,3 is because linking only allows linking to 1 device.

Does this make sense?
      website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

The association on the first dimmer simply tells the second dimmer what the first dimmer is set to. There is no way for the second dimmer to send an update to HS as its being controlled, its not controlling anything. To keep them in sync in HS you will need to set up polling. Not much we can do about this one. We would have to set up another parameter where the dimmer would report its status to a controller if it was controlled remotely.
        Isn't Group 1 already associated with HomeSeer and couldn't you just send HomeSeer a report after each time that the dimmer completes its dimming (regardless of whether it was adjusted by an association from another switch or from HS itself).

Comment

• We could but no one mentioned that and the firmware is complete. We can note for a future update. This version is going on the next production run so no more time to mess with it.

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Isn't Group 1 already associated with HomeSeer and couldn't you just send HomeSeer a report after each time that the dimmer completes its dimming (regardless of whether it was adjusted by an association from another switch or from HS itself).
          website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

We could but no one mentioned that and the firmware is complete. We can note for a future update. This version is going on the next production run so no more time to mess with it.

Thanks. I realize requests can get lost in long chains of comments like this, but sending a report at the end of dimming was suggested in my prior post #23. In any case, I greatly appreciate how responsive your team has been to try and get things fixed and would appreciate you incorporating the suggestion in a future update.

In any case, in case you are tracking this for a future release, there are two changes that I would still like to see. I would categorize these requests as bug fixes rather than "new" features:

1. The just mentioned sending of a report to Group 1 upon completion of dimming of any device. This is to ensure that HomeSeer is updated and has current device status whenever a device is changed by an association or if it is changed by a secondary controller.

2. For the Central Scene Key Released event, sending a current level report immediately before the release event so that any event triggering on the release event can also consider the current level of the device -- this was discussed at length here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-dimmers/page8 and particularly in posts #100, 110, 114. The Central Scene Release issue is one where reasonable users are likely to not detect the logic error (see post #110) so they may not realize a work-around is needed.

Comment

• As a work around, to avoid setting time interval polling, configure an event instead.

If 'switch 1' just had it's value set
              Then > z wave actions > poll a device > switch 2.

This way polling only occurs when required.

Comment

• Good call Fellhahn, that seems like the best way.

rjh I have some LED lights that flicker even at 20%. Next version would be great if we could set the lower limit higher.
                Right now I handle it in software but it only fixes flickering not prevent.

I also greatly appreciate how responsive your team has been!

Comment

• rjh. I've updated several of my WD200s with this and really like the fact you can now set the lowest level. Nice improvement.

Comment

• I have updated the two WD200s I have and I'm very happy the "load operate on multi-tap" bug has been removed. /thumbsup

Comment

• Firmware 5.14 for WD200 changes the device type to "Z-Wave Switch Root Device"
                      Firmware 5.9-5.13 has this set to "Z-Wave Switch Multilevel Root Device"

This has caused havok with some of my scripts
                      Can this be set back to Z-Wave Switch Multilevel Root Device in future firmwares?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafdude View Post
                        Firmware 5.14 for WD200 changes the device type to "Z-Wave Switch Root Device"
                        Firmware 5.9-5.13 has this set to "Z-Wave Switch Multilevel Root Device"

This has caused havok with some of my scripts
                        Can this be set back to Z-Wave Switch Multilevel Root Device in future firmwares?
                        This is just text, and you can set it to whatever you want in HomeSeer. The initial value thrown in there during setup isn't something that you should count on in your scripts.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvm View Post
                          As a clarification, I believe what you mean is that Parameter 5 set to 0 is the "standard" dim level (lowest light level is not-quite-dim).
                          Parameter 5 set to 1 is the "lower" dim level (lowest level light output)

I checked this by first setting the "Low Dimming Threshold" to "Standard" and then reading Parameter 5 which then showed a value of 0, followed by setting "Low Dimming Threshold" to "Lowest" and then reading Parameter 5 which then showed a value of 1.
                          OK... I just updated to 5.14 using Randy's method in the first few posts. Upgrade went fine, but I see no change in dimming at a lower level.

I noticed that when I changed a setting, like "low dimming threshold" from lower to standard and clicked done.... then went back, it would still show "Lower" … e.g. not saving the change. I'm assuming this is what is happening when I try to change the parameter 5 to 0 as well.

any idea why it's not changing my settings.

I'm running zwave plugin 3.0.1.249

Comment

• I suspect your looking at the dimmer device not the root device. Settings are made on the root device.

20% is default
                            It should show multiple options down to 6.5%
                            See below

These options are available in my Z-Wave 3.0.1.249

Values not sticking? Perhaps your not using the "Set" button on the left when changing values?
                            If you do not see the 6.5%-20% options then it seems your Z-wave is old? Try restarting it on the plugin management screen
                            Again make sure your looking at the root device not the dimmer device!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.PNG
Views:	18
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1264145

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Meredith View Post

This is just text, and you can set it to whatever you want in HomeSeer. The initial value thrown in there during setup isn't something that you should count on in your scripts.
                              Despite what you may think, the value is not just 'thrown in there'
                              Just because it can be changed by the user doesn't mean it should be wrong.
                              Dimmers shouldn't report themselves as on/off switches.

Your obviously not using the type functionality to it's full extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loafdude View Post
                                I suspect your looking at the dimmer device not the root device. Settings are made on the root device.

20% is default
                                It should show multiple options down to 6.5%
                                See below

These options are available in my Z-Wave 3.0.1.249

Values not sticking? Perhaps your not using the "Set" button on the left when changing values?
                                If you do not see the 6.5%-20% options then it seems your Z-wave is old? Try restarting it on the plugin management screen
                                Again make sure your looking at the root device not the dimmer device!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.PNG
Views:	18
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1264145
                                ok... i'm a double idiot. first,... I did NOT have the latest zwave installed,... swear I pulled that number from the about page. but when I went to the plugin management screen, it was on an older version. that gave me the correct options once installed.

oh.. and the "set" button..... duh. not sure how I didn't even notice that.

thanks. :-)

OK... last question... if trying to go really low on the dim rate locally … I can't seem to stop /let go of the paddle after about 30% before it turns off. Is that the ramp rate for local control?

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X