Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note that we tested an update to the WS200 and it had one issue, so we are waiting on that fix before we post. Not sure how long it will be until we get that, maybe another week or so.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

• It sounds like we are close to the release. We are look forward to the update

Comment

• Any chance you incorporated the change suggested in post #155 - i.e., after any change to the on / off / dim level
        (whether manually or via a Z-Wave command)
        , each device in Association Group #1 gets notified of the updated value? This is, in part, to allow a secondary controller to get updated status without having to poll. I think, at present, the switches / dimmers send reports to all items in Group #1 upon manual control only, but not if remotely controlled.

Comment

• Here is a feature request for the WS200: I would like to increase/decrease the volume of an audio device in the room by holding up/down the switch.
          I have already set some events to do that, and it works except that holding up/down the switch also turn on/off the load.

Would it be possible to add a setting so that a long press does not turn on/off the load?

I haven't read the whole thread, my apologies if this has been discussed before

Comment

• Originally posted by spud View Post
            Here is a feature request for the WS200: I would like to increase/decrease the volume of an audio device in the room by holding up/down the switch.
            I have already set some events to do that, and it works except that holding up/down the switch also turn on/off the load.

Would it be possible to add a setting so that a long press does not turn on/off the load?

I haven't read the whole thread, my apologies if this has been discussed before
            There's been multiple requests for a parameter that would prevent the switch operating the load at all, effectively turning it into a scene controller only. Does that suit your use case or do you still need local load control with single tap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post

There's been multiple requests for a parameter that would prevent the switch operating the load at all, effectively turning it into a scene controller only. Does that suit your use case or do you still need local load control with single tap?
              No I still need the local load with a single tap.
              I just want to prevent the local load to turn on/off for a long press, exactly like it works for multiple taps

Comment

• Originally posted by ant View Post
                The ability to set a mode for Paddle Operation which was Scene Only would improve things a lot. It sounds like it would fulfill many of the other use-cases on this thread. Maybe others would prefer that the modes for top and bottom be configured separately. I could also imagine that it might revert into Normal mode if its connection to the hub was lost.
                This would do it!

Comment

• Would it be possible to set a maximum brightness (just like the minimum dim level)? Our recessed LED retrofit is too bright in some rooms. It would be nice to be able to limit the “100%” level. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Please provide a link to HS-WS200+ 5.9 firmware, (or anything stable to flash a switch with).

Comment

• Could we know the status of the firmware update for the WS-200+ switches?

Comment

• Yup, waiting for this to buy and try on of these

Comment

• It would be great if on the WD200 if you allow us to trim the top brightness level now that you have added the bottom trim parameter. Because many LED lights dimming have a short dimming range, with the lights I have you have to dim down almost 60% before it is even visible that it dimming then it dims down fast for the remaining levels.. By letting us restring how high the top brightness is, you end up with a much better dimming solution. Caseta product and Cooper/Eton products both allow for this. Give us a parameter for both the top and bottom trim level (not just the bottom) Thanks!

Comment

• Note that running a dimmer at 60% (vs 100%) is not always a good idea, even if the brightness appears the same.

At 60% the PF (Power Factor) will be almost 2x the PF (Power Factor) as 100%. That is, the load has only half the time to suck the energy that it needs, essentially creating amperage spikes on the last part of each phase (if a leading edge dimming device.)

Power Companies are onto this and newer electronic meters measure the real and imaginary power (PF) and they will bill you with a PF multiplier. This means that running the same load at 60% of the waveform (vs 100% of the waveform) can actually cost you almost 2x as much.

Power Factor compensating meters penalize you for using only leading or trailing edges of the sine wave. They basically bill you for the whole waveform even if you only use a part. This won't be noticeable if you only have a few bulbs. But PF billing has become a huge deal in commercial buildings.

One of the differences in commercial grade power supplies now is that they are Power Factor Corrected and many power supplies and lamps now list their Power Factor as a number of 0 to 1. A PF=95 device uses 95% of the sine wave.

Anyway, just keep in mind that running a light bulb at 60% dimming may not be the same as running it at 100% if you have a Power Factor (electronic) meter.

Comment

• I would love the option for a max brightness as well!

Comment

• Any news ?

Comment

Working...
                                X