• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjh
    started a topic HS-WD200+ and HS-WS200+ Firmware Updates

HS-WD200+ and HS-WS200+ Firmware Updates

Released Firmware

Here is version 5.13 for the HS-WS200 and version 5.13 for the HS-WD200.

Please read this entire post before attempting the update!

Changes for HS-WD200:

In Version 5.14:
    • Fixed multiple taps controlling the load (multiple taps should not control the load)
    • Modified parameter 5 to specify the lowest dim level the dimmer will provide (6.5% -> 20%) (Values are 1-14)
    • Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.249 required in order to set the lowest dim level parameter from the device Z-Wave settings

In Version 5.13:
    • When using group 2 association the controlling dimmer will send a BASIC SET to the associated dimmer after it reaches the desired dim level. This ensures that both dimmers LEDS stay in sync.

In Version 5.12:
    • Added a parameter to allow for lower dimming on the WD200.
    • Added group 2 associations. Any device added to group 2 will be controlled. This allows other WX200 devices to used as companion switches. LEDS will be kept in sync.
    • Ability to disable the multi-tap feature on both WS and WD. When disabled, the load will respond instantly to paddle presses. Note that a central scene command for single taps IS still sent.
    • To get the settings for the changes, please update to the latest Beta of the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.234 or later.
    Version 5.13 for HS-WS200:
    • Fixes an issue where holding the paddle down would control the load. This version has the same changes as the WD200.
    Issues:
    • When updating to this firmware the node ID of the switch will be lost. This was an unfortunate consequence of adding the group 2 association feature. You will need to add the switch back into your network. After adding the switch back in, click on the old device then Z-Wave tab, then "Remove Bad Node" to remove the node from the Z-Wave interface. If it fails, do a connectivity check, then remove.
    • Make sure you install the WS200 file to a WS200 device and the WD200 file to a WD200 device otherwise you may brick the switch.
    • The WS200 may show up as version 5.1 in HomeSeer after the update, this will be fixed in a future update.

Here are the files:

For the HS-WD200+::

http://homeseer.com/updates3/HS_WD200_V5_14.hec

For the HS-WS200+:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/HS-WS200_5_13.hec
    Last edited by rjh; November 9th, 2018, 03:22 PM.

• jlrichar
    replied
    Any chance that the ability to remove local load control can be added to these switches? In other words to be able to configure the switch to only change local load with Z-Wave but not the paddle.

This is is an often used feature for me with my UPB switches.

The multi tapping and the notifications of these switches have won me over. If I had the local load configuration I could replace even more UPB switches.

Leave a comment:

• The Barnacle
    replied
    I'd also like to place a request for Max Trim, as well as a Rapid Start feature. Many dimmers have a rapid start feature to "jump start" the load, when powering on to a low dim level. This is a really great feature for LED loads, which often take 2 to 3 seconds to fire at <10% dimming.

Is this the appropriate thread to formally log requests? Or should I create a new thread / poll?

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by yvrtim View Post
    I would like to also upvote the request for a max brightness level setting. I now have over 20 of the HS-WD200+ installed, and so far I haven't run into any issues, except the particular dimmable LED bulbs I have in the kitchen (about a dozen of them) hit full brightness at about 85% dim level, and beyond 85% they start to make a buzzing noise. I want make it so you can't put that dimmer past 85%.

Thanks
    /-Tim
    Are you still looking for a solution to this? If you use the Easy Trigger plugin, you can define an Easy Trigger group that includes all of your dimmers of interest (Define the Group from the Easy Trigger -> Config menu) , and then use an event which monitors all of the dimmers and if any is set in the range 86-99 (Z-Wave devices have a maximum of 99), then reset it to 85%. Here's the event (assuming the group is named as "First_Floor_Dimmers") The 'secret' is the use of the "ETDeviceRef" global variable - it identifies the specific device in the Easy Trigger group which caused the trigger to fire. You then act on the triggered device using a CAPI command -- the CAPI part is tricky, but I've set it out for you below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	89.6 KB ID:	1310400

Leave a comment:

• yvrtim
    replied
    I would like to also upvote the request for a max brightness level setting. I now have over 20 of the HS-WD200+ installed, and so far I haven't run into any issues, except the particular dimmable LED bulbs I have in the kitchen (about a dozen of them) hit full brightness at about 85% dim level, and beyond 85% they start to make a buzzing noise. I want make it so you can't put that dimmer past 85%.

Thanks
    /-Tim

Leave a comment:

• krpan
    replied
    Any word on firmware version 5.15 for HS-WS200+ ??

Your youtube.com video titled "Full-Featured Wireless 3-Way Wall Switch Setup" indicates version 5.15 or newer is required for HS-WS200+. So where can we find it?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    5.13 is for the HS-WS200+, the switch. The dimmer has not changed and is released at 5.14 which was already posted.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

Hey Rich, I'm confused. Do you mean you posted 5.14?

Also, two questions. One...will you still lose the node ID even now the group 2 association was handled in an earlier firmware version?

Also, what changed in the dim settings from the earlier version?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I updated the original post in this thread with the 5.13 release of the HS-WS200 firmware. This fixes an issue where if you pressed and held the paddle the load was controlled, when it should not be controlled.

Hey Rich, I'm confused. Do you mean you posted 5.14?

Also, two questions. One...will you still lose the node ID even now the group 2 association was handled in an earlier firmware version?

Also, what changed in the dim settings from the earlier version?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    I updated the original post in this thread with the 5.13 release of the HS-WS200 firmware. This fixes an issue where if you pressed and held the paddle the load was controlled, when it should not be controlled.

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
    Any news on the firmware release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dibble9012
    replied
    Any news on the firmware release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Actually we just finished testing the last fix and it looks good, will get it posted tomorrow.

Originally posted by Shallowearth View Post
    Are we ever going to see the WS200+ firmware posted? Or has this been abandoned?

Leave a comment:

• Shallowearth
    replied
    Are we ever going to see the WS200+ firmware posted? Or has this been abandoned?

Leave a comment:

• Royal2000H
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Keep the ramp rate where you like it, then have an HS event trigger on a single tap. Have the action set the level to 100%. Set the remote ramp rate to instant. Now it works as desired.

In my post, I was focused more on the high number of people wanting to make it so taps don't affect the load.

That said, in response to your workaround for the ramp rate, it's not a total fix because:
    A) When tapping up, I want to return to previous brightness, not 100% - so you have to keep track of previous brightness, but sure that can be done
    B) Not all of us use Homeseer controllers.
    -- I use Home Assistant. One big issue/bug with these Homeseer Dimmers is that they sent multiple status when they ramp up. For example, when I tap up, the dimmer sends out message with the scene tap event as well as a message that it was turned on to a brightness of ~5 (sometimes more sometimes less) and then a message that it was turned on to full brightness. With a slower ramp rate, it could even have another intermediary brightness message in there. Sometimes there's more/fewer of those messages. It's not totally predictable. This causes some issues for me because I create actions based on those messages. With a faster ramp rate, I can eliminate some of those issues (though not entirely). But with a faster ramp rate, I have the issue that I can't feasibly dim at the dimmer itself with press+hold.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    rjh. On a related issue, for the WD100+ with the 50.4 firmware, it seems that the single tap event isn't sent until after the dimming ramp cycle completes so the technique of the prior post would not work for the WD100 with 50.4. This is unlike earlier WD100 firmware (e.g., 5.19) which sent the single tap right away and then did the dimming ramp. Is is possible to revert the 50.4 firmware back to 5.19 or else can the 50.4 firmware be fixed. For me, this is a big issue with these dimmers - though, fortunately, most of my dimmers are the 5.19 variety.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Keep the ramp rate where you like it, then have an HS event trigger on a single tap. Have the action set the level to 100%. Set the remote ramp rate to instant. Now it works as desired.

Originally posted by Royal2000H View Post
    I'll chime in and add a +1 request to the feature of separating the on/off ramp rate from the dimming rate.

That said, even with more people chiming in, would that make a difference?

There's an absurd amount of people who have demonstrated they want an option to separate button presses from load control (or specify which type of tap controls load) and it seems like those requests are not addressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X