X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS-WD200+ and HS-WS200+ Firmware Updates

Released Firmware

Here is version 5.13 for the HS-WS200 and version 5.13 for the HS-WD200.

Please read this entire post before attempting the update!

Changes for HS-WD200:

In Version 5.14:
    • Fixed multiple taps controlling the load (multiple taps should not control the load)
    • Modified parameter 5 to specify the lowest dim level the dimmer will provide (6.5% -> 20%) (Values are 1-14)
    • Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.249 required in order to set the lowest dim level parameter from the device Z-Wave settings

In Version 5.13:
    • When using group 2 association the controlling dimmer will send a BASIC SET to the associated dimmer after it reaches the desired dim level. This ensures that both dimmers LEDS stay in sync.

In Version 5.12:
    • Added a parameter to allow for lower dimming on the WD200.
    • Added group 2 associations. Any device added to group 2 will be controlled. This allows other WX200 devices to used as companion switches. LEDS will be kept in sync.
    • Ability to disable the multi-tap feature on both WS and WD. When disabled, the load will respond instantly to paddle presses. Note that a central scene command for single taps IS still sent.
    • To get the settings for the changes, please update to the latest Beta of the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.234 or later.
    Version 5.13 for HS-WS200:
    • Fixes an issue where holding the paddle down would control the load. This version has the same changes as the WD200.
    Issues:
    • When updating to this firmware the node ID of the switch will be lost. This was an unfortunate consequence of adding the group 2 association feature. You will need to add the switch back into your network. After adding the switch back in, click on the old device then Z-Wave tab, then "Remove Bad Node" to remove the node from the Z-Wave interface. If it fails, do a connectivity check, then remove.
    • Make sure you install the WS200 file to a WS200 device and the WD200 file to a WD200 device otherwise you may brick the switch.
    • The WS200 may show up as version 5.1 in HomeSeer after the update, this will be fixed in a future update.

Here are the files:

For the HS-WD200+::

http://homeseer.com/updates3/HS_WD200_V5_14.hec

For the HS-WS200+:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/HS-WS200_5_13.hec
    Last edited by rjh; November 9th, 2018, 03:22 PM.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    [/LIST]Issues:
    • When updating to this firmware the node ID of the switch will be lost. This was an unfortunate consequence of adding the group 2 association feature. You will need to add the switch back into your network. After adding the switch back in, click on the old device then Z-Wave tab, then "Remove Bad Node" to remove the node from the Z-Wave interface. If it fails, do a connectivity check, then remove.
    • Make sure you install the WS200 file to a WS200 device and the WD200 file to a WD200 device otherwise you may brick the switch.
    • The WS200 may show up as version 5.1 in HomeSeer after the update, this will be fixed in a future update.
    Once we get some feedback will add the firmware to Z-Flash.
    I just updated all of mine. Rather than having to fix all of the events, I noted the Node number of the original device I excluded (just to make sure it was reset) then Included. I noted the Node number of the new device. Then I went to each device and swapped the Node number on the root devices between the two. I made sure the original device was in and working, then went to the new device (now having the original Node number) and "Remove Bad Node". This left me with the original HS devices tied to new Node numbers so all Events were intact. I checked the root devices and both Association groups were there.

Rich may have a reason this is not a good idea, but mine are all working and I didn't have to fix any Events. I made sure HomeSeer was a Group 1 association.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

In this case your method of re-using the original device is fine.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I just updated all of mine.

​Rather than having to fix all of the events, I noted the Node number of the original device I excluded (just to make sure it was reset) then Included. I noted the Node number of the new device. Then I went to each device and swapped the Node number on the root devices between the two. I made sure the original device was in and working, then went to the new device (now having the original Node number) and "Remove Bad Node". This left me with the original HS devices tied to new Node numbers so all Events were intact. I checked the root devices and both Association groups were there.

Rich may have a reason this is not a good idea, but mine are all working and I didn't have to fix any Events. I made sure HomeSeer was a Group 1 association.

Comment

In this case your method of re-using the original device is fine.
        I thought so. I do know you cannot do this when replacing a 100 series with a 200 series, but I carefully compared the root device between the original firmware and the newer firmware and they were identical.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

Comment

Since the new firmware now supports group 2 associations you will need to refresh the associations page, but that should pick up group 2.

As long as the supported classes does not change, you can replace nodes this way. We did not add or remove any classes in this firmware update.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I thought so. I do know you cannot do this when replacing a 100 series with a 200 series, but I carefully compared the root device between the original firmware and the newer firmware and they were identical.

Comment

Since the new firmware now supports group 2 associations you will need to refresh the associations page, but that should pick up group 2.
            It did.

Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

Comment

Successfully upgraded one WD200 from 5.9 to 5.12, using Randy's suggestion of reshuffling the node numbers worked a treat, thank you.

Second WD200 was upgraded from 5.11 to 5.12, in this case there has been no reset node ID event? The dimmer has continued to operate as normal.

The 5.9 to 5.12 device is showing vast improvement, thank you.

Comment

You will not lose the node id going from 5.11 to 512. If your device already has the group 2 association you will not lose the node ID. The latest batch of WD200 dimmers already has the group 2 feature. You won't gain much by upgrading those devices as disabling the multi touch does not speed those up much.

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                Successfully upgraded one WD200 from 5.9 to 5.12, using Randy's suggestion of reshuffling the node numbers worked a treat, thank you.

Second WD200 was upgraded from 5.11 to 5.12, in this case there has been no reset node ID event? The dimmer has continued to operate as normal.

The 5.9 to 5.12 device is showing vast improvement, thank you.

Comment

Seeing a possible bug, on multitap operations the main load is still being operated, evidenced by the dimming status lights moving up and down.

Z-wave plugin is 3.0.1.190, HS3 .470

Comment

I would strongly suggest you update your Z-Wave plugin to the latest beta, as 190 does not fully support the WX200 switches.

I just tried a dimmer here and multi taps do not change the load. This is with the latest firmware that was recently posted. Do you have any events tied to the taps that might be controlling the load?

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                    Seeing a possible bug, on multitap operations the main load is still being operated, evidenced by the dimming status lights moving up and down.

Z-wave plugin is 3.0.1.190, HS3 .470

Comment

Can we also please get an update for WD100s? It looks like new ones are shipping with 50.3 which has updated and additional command classes (according to z-wavealliance.org).

Comment

Which feature are you looking for? The only changes in the 50.3 version is it supports S2 security and SmartStart and has a parameter so it can dim some LED bulbs to a lower level. The SmartStart feature is not supported by anyone yet, and really is not useful and S2 is also not needed.

Originally posted by jvolkman View Post
                        Can we also please get an update for WD100s? It looks like new ones are shipping with 50.3 which has updated and additional command classes (according to z-wavealliance.org).

Comment

Which feature are you looking for? The only changes in the 50.3 version is it supports S2 security and SmartStart and has a parameter so it can dim some LED bulbs to a lower level. The SmartStart feature is not supported by anyone yet, and really is not useful and S2 is also not needed.
                          Thanks. According to z-wavealliance.org, the new version includes Multilevel Switch V4, an upgrade from V1 in 5.19 and earlier. V4 adds the helpful "target value" field to the report response that includes the intended final value of an in-progress transition. Useful for displaying the correct final value when a UI polls a switch during its transition rather than the current value which will just be some intermediate step (I use Home Assistant and OpenZWave which tend to struggle with this).

Comment

Ok, I am not aware of this being an issue. But unfortunately the WD100 is out of code space. Sigma used all the space with SmartStart, so we cannot update this dimmer with any new code. Our 200 series is not getting SmartStart for this reason, so we can continue to update that.

As for your issue with getting the dim level, just delay after you get a central scene command and then poll for the dim level.

Thanks. According to z-wavealliance.org, the new version includes Multilevel Switch V4, an upgrade from V1 in 5.19 and earlier. V4 adds the helpful "target value" field to the report response that includes the intended final value of an in-progress transition. Useful for displaying the correct final value when a UI polls a switch during its transition rather than the current value which will just be some intermediate step (I use Home Assistant and OpenZWave which tend to struggle with this).

Comment

One note on this, I checked the WD100 5.14 and the dimmer sends a multilevel report after the dimming stops, so you should always have the correct value, you should not have to poll it.

Comment

Working...
                              X