HS-WD200+ Enrollment Failures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS-WD200+ Enrollment Failures

I have been slowly replacing older Z-wave switches with Homeseer’s new HS-WD200+. I have now had 3 of the 15 or so new switches fail to enroll. I have tried power cycling them, placing them within a few feet of the controller and I have tried excluding them first; I have run out of ideas and am about to return these. Three out of 15 switches, ordered at different times, installed in different houses, is way too high a failure rate. Is anyone else having this experience?
    HS3Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Zstick
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    5 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
    Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

I have installed over 40 Wx200+ devices in my house in the last few months and never had a problem. I too ordered them at different times over the last 6 months. I installed 3 WD200+ and a FC200+ today with no issues. The odds of this would seem to be astronomical. There must be something else going on here.

What HS and z-wave plug-in version are you running? Post the output of the logs as well.

Comment

I had this problem with a few WD200s. It appears the factory-configured test controller association isn't always removed before a device ships. A factory reset cleared that association and allowed me to include the dimmers normally.

The reset procedure is outlined in the documentation but the speed needed to do the reset isn't made clear: you have to do it very quickly. I found all six taps had to be done in a second or so; it helps to use both hands.

Cliff
      Last edited by calligoo; October 19th, 2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I am experiencing the same problem with HS-W200+ devices. I purchased 15, but installed 2 plus one fan controller, then paused to attempt to connect with HomeTroller SEL with SmartStick to confirm Z-Wave is working fine. The fan controller connected fine, but even attempting the reset on the other 2 dimmers produces no connection for the dimmers. The logs just report the same failure that appears in the Add Note messaging area.
        Nov-17 11:16:11 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.
        I am not 100% certain that the factory reset is effective, although occasionally I am able to get the LEDs to cycle off and on again as the instructions describe indicates is a completed reset.

Before returning these, are there any other recommendations? I installed the beta z-wave version ( 3.0.2.240), after reading about S2 security - although that does not seem to have made any difference.

Thanks!

Comment

Did you find any resolution for this issue? I just ordered 3 HS-WD200+ switches and I'm not able to add them. Add Node Failed
          Current version is: HS3 Pro (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.435
          Z-Wave: 3.0.1.248

Thx!

Comment

I was never able to get the 3 to respond to anything, including resets...maddening.
            HS3Pro on Windows 10
            One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
            2nd install with 1 Zstick
            300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
            5 CT-100 tstats
            Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
            18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
            Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

Comment

After 3 calls to support, I was advised to perform a factory re-install on the HomeTroller SEL Pro that I purchased along with these dimmers. I hope to have time to try that today, and will report if successful.

Comment

The System Restore produced no difference in results.

On the last support call, I was asked to click on Tools > Help; and the lack of a page being generated from that menu choice pointed to some missing software that presumably the System Restore was supposed to correct. It did not. You may want to try clicking on Help as well, to see if your Hometroller is also missing some important software.

Comment

Is it a distance thing? You might want to buy a j-box from Home Depot with a three prong lamp cord and wire in the device. Then walk around the house and see if it will allow you to add the node when closer to the z-wave transmitter. I just had an issue adding in a old z-wave lock, once I got it closer to the transmitter, then it imported immediately.
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

After several troubleshooting steps with support, we were finally able to get the first WD200 to add. Exclude Node, Restart Controller, Confirm Firmware Version, etc. All these steps didn't solve my issues.. I unplugged my Troller SEL and moved it 2ft. from the switch and still no luck. I don't know if it was luck or what, but we pulled the switch from the box, still connected to power and pulled the vapor lock? (Not sure that's the name) Small tab under the paddle and pushed it back in. For whatever reason, it was seen by my controller and I was able to add the NODE. I'm going to try an add the other two tonight. :-) I'll post my response.

Krumpy Shout out from Tampa... we left Ham Lake, MN about a year ago... 43 years of cold is all I can handle. :-) LOL

Comment

I had a switch that wouldn't pair
                      reset multiple times but did not help.

I used the non-secure pairing function which got it included.
                      Not sure why

Comment

Working...
                      X