Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WD-200+ Double Tap Turns Load On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WD-200+ Double Tap Turns Load On

    So I just found this issue tonight. I had both WD100+ and WD200+ in my house. If I double tap a 100+ it just registers a double tap and doesnt turn the load on. On the WD200+ if I double tap it registers the double tap but also turns the load on. Is there a way to stop this?

    HOMESEER: Yes, known issue in the BETA firmware, fix will posted in a new thread once it is ready.
    Last edited by rjh; November 9th, 2018, 03:21 PM.

  • #2
    I just tested at least five WD-200+ in my house and none of them turned on the load on a double press. What firmware are they running?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
      I just tested at least five WD-200+ in my house and none of them turned on the load on a double press. What firmware are they running?
      What events are each of you you running?


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

      Comment


      • #4
        I have no events running on any of the devices I tested.

        Comment


        • #5
          Strange I have an even changing a scene with scenemaster going to try and disbale th eevent and see what happens.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm running the latest on this switch and 1 rev back on the others

            Comment


            • #7
              dsiabled the events so nothing is running on it and got the same result. :/

              Comment


              • #8
                Ok so logs are showing it is turning on the load. Here are my logs.
                Nov-08 9:55:04 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Switch Multilevel Set to OFF
                Nov-08 9:55:02 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Central Scene Set to 2003
                Nov-08 9:54:56 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Central Scene Set to 1003
                Nov-08 9:54:59 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Switch Multilevel Set to ON
                I'm running firmware 5.13 on this particular switch. But all of them do the same.

                I have my 100+'s setup the same exact way and they don't respond like this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
                  Ok so logs are showing it is turning on the load. Here are my logs.
                  Nov-08 9:55:04 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Switch Multilevel Set to OFF
                  Nov-08 9:55:02 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Central Scene Set to 2003
                  Nov-08 9:54:56 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Central Scene Set to 1003
                  Nov-08 9:54:59 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Bedroom Bedroom - Switch Multilevel Set to ON
                  I'm running firmware 5.13 on this particular switch. But all of them do the same.

                  I have my 100+'s setup the same exact way and they don't respond like this.
                  That is strange, as far as I know both the 100+ & 200+ function similarly in that a double tap doesn't turn a load on. What happens if you shutdown HS3 and double tap the switch? That should rule out anything from HS3 or any of your plugins. At that point the switch should only be using the installed firmware.
                  HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is very strange. Both of my HS-WD200+ dimmers were working properly when I installed them a couple of months ago. When I saw this thread, I took a look at both of mine, unfortunately I didn't test them before I started fiddling around. Remembering that the 200 series allows you to disable multitap in settings, I looked a the parameters on both of mine. Both were "Disabled"

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	1258180

                    That really bothered me, thinking that the logic was backwards on them, I changed one of them to "Enabled" and tested it. Now any combination of button presses turns the load on, no matter where the setting is. Also of note the logic on the setting is backwards to my thinking. Disabled enables multitap and Enabled disables multitap. So the logic is when it is "Enabled" the disabling of multitap is disabled, meaning multitap is enabled. This feels like an Army manual I played with the settings on my second one and broke it as well.

                    Now neither switch reports status when controlled locally (except single tap), any number of presses of either paddle controls the load, no matter whether multitap is enabled or disabled. Multitap can be enabled by selecting Disabled.

                    As a final test, I disconnected one using the air gap, then I excluded it and included it again. Neither cured the problem. So the net result of this is my scene capable switches still control scenes, but do not report status with local control (except with single tap) and control the load with single or multitap.

                    I will send Rich a link to this thread.

                    My device information

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1258191
                    Last edited by rprade; November 8th, 2018, 07:15 PM. Reason: added screenshot of device info
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

                    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Profit View Post

                      That is strange, as far as I know both the 100+ & 200+ function similarly in that a double tap doesn't turn a load on. What happens if you shutdown HS3 and double tap the switch? That should rule out anything from HS3 or any of your plugins. At that point the switch should only be using the installed firmware.
                      Double and Triple tap will still turn the load on.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post

                        Double and Triple tap will still turn the load on.
                        Yeah, it sounds like rprade is also experiencing the same issue and has brought it to Homeseer’s attention. Hope you guys get some resolution to this issue soon!


                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, there is a bug in the latest firmware I posted, mentioned this earlier, I will remove the link to this firmware.

                          We hope to have a fix soon, as soon as we do I will post it.

                          Originally posted by The Profit View Post

                          Yeah, it sounds like rprade is also experiencing the same issue and has brought it to Homeseer’s attention. Hope you guys get some resolution to this issue soon!


                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          website | buy now | support | youtube

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks Rich!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Yes, there is a bug in the latest firmware I posted, mentioned this earlier, I will remove the link to this firmware.

                              We hope to have a fix soon, as soon as we do I will post it.


                              My problems are with the shipping firmware (5.12), I have not installed the 5.13 update. Also they were both fine until I messed with disabling/enabling multitap.

                              I wish I had left them alone, because the one in the bedroom used a lot of multitap scenes and having the lights come on is a problem. For now, I moved the multitap Events to HS-WS100 in the hall.
                              Randy Prade
                              Aurora, CO
                              Prades.net

                              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X