Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hs-ws100. All on/off

New switch..
    Having trouble finding where to set the inclusion/exclusion in all on/ all off is

When I go to settings, I only see the following

Just installed today
    Current Firmware: Manufacturer = HomeSeer Version: 50.3

Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Try hitting 'rescan' and see if that fixes things

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
      Try hitting 'rescan' and see if that fixes things
      No change on rescan...

Rescan log attached

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Attached Files
      Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

next step is to usually exclude then re-include the device. Finally you would contact HS's support department.

As a stop gap, you should be able to adjust your events that use all on/off to control this one device assuming you want it to respond to all on/off commands. If it's currently responding and you don't want it to, the logic is a bit more complicated.

Comment

I've been informed by Rich at Homeseer (at least my recollection is that was who informed me) that the All-On / All-Off functionality has been deprecated by Sigma Designs and so it is no longer being included in devices that use the newest software development kits (those that support S2). I.e., it no longer exists in the firmware. That would be the case with your switch which has the 50.3 firmware version.

In any case, that was always a problematic feature (at least in HomeSeer). If you used the all-on or all-off function, HomeSeer would not get a report that the state of the switch/dimmer had changed. So you could turn everything off using this feature, but HomeSeer would still show devices as on. You would then have to poll the devices if you hadn't previously set the devices to be polled (by default, Z-Wave Plus devices aren't polled by Homeseer), but there was no easy way to poll a group and you'd have a polling delay..

I now use Easy Trigger and CPS Tags plugins to handle interactions with groups of devices. If you don't already have them, consider using them on a trial and decide whether one or the other work for you (I use both -- each has its strengths and weaknesses). I've found both of these are much better solutions than using the All-On / All-Off functions and you get the proper device states after changing a group.
          Update (March 2019): Easy Trigger how has its own Group functions with makes it easy to work with groups using only Easy Trigger - i.e., you don't need both Easy Trigger and CPS Tags.

Comment

Thanks everyone...

I don't want this one to respond to all/on all/off ... .. so i should be o.k..... (assuming that it doesn't respond.)

It was just strange to me that the option wasn't there... but JVM explanation makes sense...

Thanks again.

Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Working...
            X