Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing dimmable node with non-dimmable.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing dimmable node with non-dimmable.

I replaced a defective dimmer with a non-dimmable device, but HS still shows it as dimmable. I tried re-scanning the device, but it’s still showing as dimmable. How do I fix it?

I am guessing you used “Replace Node” on the Z-Wave tab of the Device. This will not work for different device types. You cannot replace a dimmer node with a switch node. You cannot even replace an HS-WD100+ with an HS-WD200+. This is because the root devices are different in their construction.

The only way way to fix this is to delete the root from the Device Manager. When the root is deleted the child devices will all be deleted as well. You do not need to exclude it from the Z-Wave controller. Then you can “Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices” from the controller. This will create the new correct devices. The new devices will use the same Z-Wave node, but will have new ReferenceID numbers, breaking events. To make this easier to fix, before you delete the device, filter your events on it so you can quickly edit them to replace the device.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
    X