HomeSeer Z-Wave Plus Plug-in Smart Switch - Not Reporting Local Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer Z-Wave Plus Plug-in Smart Switch - Not Reporting Local Status

Just picked up a couple of the HomeSeer Plug-in Smart Appliances switches this week that were part of the Black Friday sale. (Actually bought 3 more yesterday too)
    I have a small issue and didn't find an answer with a search or through the product description.

I like the fact that you can control them locally with the front pushbutton. My question/issue is that when I control the module with the front button it does not report its status back to HS.
    I plan to use several of them for workbench lighting around the shop and would like to control them all in the garage at various benches when I control one of them locally.
    I have the logistics and events worked out, HS just doesn't see the module turning on or off when I press the button.
    Controlling it through HS is not an issue and they work great so I know they're on my network.

Thank you for any assistance or clarification

I have several of these, but I cant recall off-hand if they report instant status. All of ours are used for Christmas lighting and we control them with HS (occupancy, time, etc) and with Alexa.
    If I remember, I'll test local control status tonight and report back here.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks!

It's not a deal breaker, just a nice feature to have.
      The price was too good not to pick up a few to feed my new Z-Wave addiction.

Comment

Confirmed - local control does NOT report back to HS, however, you can poll the device periodically for status.
        Also, I had to add the last 2 unsecured for some reason - I am running the latest Z-Wave plugin
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Confirmed - local control does NOT report back to HS, however, you can poll the device periodically for status.
          Also, I had to add the last 2 unsecured for some reason - I am running the latest Z-Wave plugin
          Thanks for checking.
          No need to poll, I want to trigger the events right away.
          Time for plan B

Comment

Working...
          X