HS-FC200+ "Lag"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS-FC200+ "Lag"

I have a fan controller I recently installed (center) next to a WA100+ (left) and WD200+ (right). I have events for both the fan and the dimmer that will set the LED color to red if the switch is off and set the LED color to green if they are on.

What I'm noticing is that the LEDs take significantly longer to change on the fan controller. I've run the optimize with no return route changes as well as fully optimized the z-wave nodes. My HS3 is within 15 meters so I wouldn't expect the distance to be an issue.

Is there something I can try or need to look into?
    Attached Files

jimbo715 I've noticed the same lag issue, but in a different application:

I have several DC fans throughout my house, and they can only use remotes/RF for On/Off/Reverse/Speed control. I was able to use the linked PHP script below (thanks Spooner!) to control them via a HomeSeer Virtual Device. I then used an Event to link the Speed 1/2/3/4 of each FC-200+ to each Homeseer Virtual Device to control the fans. However, when tapping the FC-200+ paddle to toggle through speeds, there is a lag in the execution of the Event and PHP Script. However, when I set the FC-200+ speed in the HomeSeer Mobile App or directly on the Server, the Event and PHP script execute instantly.

It therefore appears that the "Instant Status" for the FC-200+ is considerably slower than than any of my WD-200+ and WS-200+ switches.

TLDR; HomeSeer support needs to take a look at the Instant Status reporting of these switches. I hope it can be corrected via firmware update.
    I've talked with Bond about local control and they are releasing it. Is there any interest in a plugin for this device? https://bondhome.io/

Comment

Have either of you contacted HomeSeer about your issue? They can't fix what they don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
        Have either of you contacted HomeSeer about your issue? They can't fix what they don't know about.
        I have not. Figured I'd go the forums route first to see if others had a similar issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo715 View Post

I have not. Figured I'd go the forums route first to see if others had a similar issue.
          In that case it would be helpful if you posted a bit more info on how you have things configured. At this point all we know is that you have a FC200 and a WD200 and some sort of event(s) that change the LED color and status. With that limited info it is extremely difficult to help troubleshoot at best.

Comment

That's fair. Here are the events for the fan and then the dimmer that controls the light.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fs200.png
Views:	32
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	1326956

Name:	hd200.png
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	1326959

Name:	fs200_node.png
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1326957

Name:	hd200_node.png
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	1326958

Maybe you are right I should contact support. If I use the HomeSeer WebUI or the mobile app, I see an almost instant update of the LEDs. Controlled from the switch itself and it has that long delay.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X