Wall switch appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall switch appearance

I'm curious to how closely the HomeSeer on/off wall switches match the looks of the Jasco switches. I have a 4 gang full of Jasco switches, one of which appears to no longer function and probably needs replaced. Any replacements I do, I'd like to be done with HomeSeer switches, but not if one is going to stand out and look different from the rest of the switches in the gang. From the pictures, they look identical. But was curious if anyone had both that they can compare side to side.

I have a Jasco fan switch flanked by two WD200. One difference is that the HomeSeer WD200 has the 7 status LEDs. Other than that they look almost identical.

Comment

That's not bad, I can live with that. Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

You have a 4 gang box with z-wave plus switches in it and they all fit? Did you have to do anything special to the box or the 4 switches? I want to install 4 WD200+ in the box will they fit you think?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMast View Post
          You have a 4 gang box with z-wave plus switches in it and they all fit? Did you have to do anything special to the box or the 4 switches? I want to install 4 WD200+ in the box will they fit you think?
          Thanks
          You will have to break off some of the tabs on the WD200 to make them fit. The 2 in the center will need all the tabs (right and left side) broken off and the WD200 on each end will need to have the tabs on one side broken off. Removing the tabs derates the dimmer load capacity. The manual for the dimmers lists how much each dimmer is derated based on which tabs you remove.

Depending on the size of the box you should be able to fit the dimmers. It can be challenging depending on the box size, wire size (14ga or 12ga) and the amount of wire in the box.

My 30 year old house has 12ga wire for lighting so it was at times a tight fit. Often times in newer houses the will use 14ga wire for lighting as it is a little cheaper and easier to manipulate than 12ga wire. I used stranded wire for the grounds and neutral jumpers between the dimmers. It is a lot easier to bend stranded wire as oppose to all solid wire. I also used the push on type of wire nuts as opposed to the older twist on style. The push on wire nuts take up a little less space compared to the twist on type. I have also had to replace smaller boxes with large capacity boxes.

Comment

4 gang. The light controlled by the HS switch (last) is in while the others are off. The HS LEDs turn on from the bottom up to show a brightness level. At 50% half these LEDs are on. The others are on when the light is off. I could reconfigure both.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191107_070008.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1338294

Comment

Thank you @drhtma. l have the attachment level nuts, I'll try it without changing the box 1st! I'm no electrician! ksum looks very neat and clean and I'm assuming all work great the derating didn't seem to bother you.
              Thanks

Comment

I will eventually replace the others, either as they stop working or when I have the spare cash. But for now I have other automation projects to focus on.

I like the double tap capability of the HS switch and use it to set all 4 to 25%. Each works a pair of can lights in the room and all fixtures and bulbs are the same so it makes a nice addition.

Comment

Working...
                X