How can I tell it works? Fibaro FGPB-101-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell it works? Fibaro FGPB-101-3

I just took a bit of a risk and purchase a used/returned Z-wave Fibaro FGPB-101-3 on Amazon. For the price, it was worth experimenting use-wise, and I can still return it.
    I have a HomeTroller Zee S2 controller with numerous other working devices.
    However, I've been unable to pair this button with my Zee, despite even having the button within inches of the controller while pairing.
    No error messages, just not pairing.
    And I've tested the battery.

I read some other thread that suggested maybe a device was previously paired elsewhere and needs to be unpaired.
    So despite the absence of the possible-original pairing controller, I did the unpair process on the Fibaro button.
    No difference.

So because this unit has no lights whatsoever, I'm wondering how do I know if the unit is even functional vs. just a pairing issue?

At this point, signs point towards returning it, but thought I'd check here first, because there's always a nugget to be had.

Thanks
    Steve

Current Date/Time: 9/8/2019 4:43:37 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V5 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 5 Hours 43 Minutes 53 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.15.10
    Number of Devices: 214
    Number of Events: 162
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    3.0.0.67: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.18: EnvCan
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Battery devices tend to be finicky in communicating, so the sure-way trick that always works for me is to remove battery, start the "excluding node" process inside HomeSeer, and then insert battery inside the Z-Wave device, and click any type of 'button' on the device near the battery once. If you do not see a HomeSeer reaction then 3x rapidly mash that button as 99% of battery devices rely on that method to force awake-mode for communicating with a controller.

Once a device is removed, it should normally remain in inclusion mode, so that you can immediately start the HomeSeer inclusion process, but in worst case do the 1x click, or if that fails, 3x click.

I've got a mixture of Fibaro devices, and especially enjoy their eyeball sensors, and the above method has always worked for me.

Comment

Have you done a factory reset?

From manual -
      Reset procedure of the Button: Reset procedure allows to restore the device back to its factory settings, which means all information about the Z-Wave controller and user configuration will be deleted. In order to reset the device: 1. Click the Button exactly five times. 2. Press and hold the Button for at least 5 seconds.

Comment

I finally managed to pair the button.
        I did both the factory reset and the exclusion tip so I'm not sure which one did the trick
        But I also discovered that the button seems a little finicky in terms of what it accepts as a click. I think I was pressing it too fast.
        But now that I have it paired, I'm setting up some events with the various numbers of clicks to get a better handle on what it considers a click or not.
        Thanks for the suggestions and tips. I'm on my way.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X