X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    I purchased and installed 1 WD100+ to replace a Smarthome 2476D using X10. It is installed in a double gang box.

As far as the switch is concerned, I like the look and physical feel when pressing the top and bottom, very solid. I am still using HS2, would this be the reason for limited to no programmable options, ie: ramp rate?

The other issue I had, this is a deal breaker if true. As I stated, this is installed in double gang box. I replaced one switch, the other is also a Smarthome 2476D. Both switches would not fit in the box together.

Anyone else having an issue with this? If two WD100+ switches double gang box or four in a quad, will they fit properly? No matter what I tried, put the Homeseer switch in first, the Smarthome switch in first, try to install both slowly at the same time, could not get both in. I had to put an old Leviton Decora switch in the Smarthome switch's place to get the Homeseer switch installed.

Amy feedback on installing multiple switches would be appreciated.

Other than the physical install issue, really like the switch.
    Yep, I have one box on an exterior wall (metal box) that is slightly narrower then 2 HS switch bodies. I was forced to use a standard light switch for one of the lights in that box.

The HS switches are dimensionally identical to the standard GE/Jasco ZW4001 type switches. ~43.77w x 70.65h x 35.80d (from heatsink to back)

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    I haven't installed my WD100+ yet, but with my GE switches, I had to break off the metal tabs (designed for that) to get two to fit together. . .

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    I purchased and installed 1 WD100+ to replace a Smarthome 2476D using X10. It is installed in a double gang box.

As far as the switch is concerned, I like the look and physical feel when pressing the top and bottom, very solid. I am still using HS2, would this be the reason for limited to no programmable options, ie: ramp rate?

The other issue I had, this is a deal breaker if true. As I stated, this is installed in double gang box. I replaced one switch, the other is also a Smarthome 2476D. Both switches would not fit in the box together.

Anyone else having an issue with this? If two WD100+ switches double gang box or four in a quad, will they fit properly? No matter what I tried, put the Homeseer switch in first, the Smarthome switch in first, try to install both slowly at the same time, could not get both in. I had to put an old Leviton Decora switch in the Smarthome switch's place to get the Homeseer switch installed.

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Issue Installing Multiple Switches

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Just go into the root device from the Device Management page, then the Z-Wave tab. All the parameters are there for you to set.

Originally posted by carletondm View Post
    Is there a list somewhere of all of the parameters and what they do?

Leave a comment:

• carletondm
    replied
    Parameters?

Is there a list somewhere of all of the parameters and what they do?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    On Inclusion, I have some that are listed as HomeSeer Tech, while other Jasco with different z-wave settings?

What's up with that?
    Rescan the "Jasco" switch and see if that fixes this. If not, delete the "Jasco" switch from the device management page (only) and do an import to let the software recreate the HomeSeer device. If that doesn't fix it, delete the device and erase the switch memory and try inclusion again.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    On Inclusion, I have some that are listed as HomeSeer Tech, while other Jasco with different z-wave settings?

What's up with that?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ferraf
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    It's a firmware issue that appears to affect a very small percentage of units. We are working on a fix. However, we happy to swap it for another one if you'd prefer. If you purchased it directly from us, submit an RMA request at http://helpdesk.homeseer.com
    thanks, I'll wait a little while for the firmware update instead of uninstalling and going through all the shipping and time to get a new one....

Thanks, Fred

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    It's a firmware issue that appears to affect a very small percentage of units. We are working on a fix. However, we happy to swap it for another one if you'd prefer. If you purchased it directly from us, submit an RMA request at http://helpdesk.homeseer.com

I'm having the same issues, on/off/on on a few switches. I'd be happy to test the firmware instead of yanking them out of the wall

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by ferraf View Post
    I have a HS100 that has the flicker issue (On, Off then back On). Is this a defect and should be returned, or something a firmware upgrade should address?

Leave a comment:

• ferraf
    replied
    Originally posted by jhearty View Post
    I finished installing these in my entire house, 25 WD100s, 12 WS100s and some WA100 slaves to go with both WS and WD switches. No issues with the WD100s at all. Three of the WS100s had the same on/off/on local control issue I reported earlier on this thread (25% defect rate). Two are running ceiling fans and the issue is not noticeable so I left them in. The other is for porch lights and Homeseer sent a replacement which is working fine.

Lots of events written to control these including motion on & delayed off, single & double tap on and off events, all appear to be working as expected. I'm quite happy with the switches overall. They are IMO better than anything else out there and the price points were low enough to convince me to do the whole house. Bye bye X10.

John
    I have a HS100 that has the flicker issue (On, Off then back On). Is this a defect and should be returned, or something a firmware upgrade should address?

Leave a comment:

• bandaid
    replied
    And it work. Thanks :-)

Leave a comment:

• bandaid
    replied
    We did have a small batch of switches that were mis-manufactured. If you ordered a HomeSeer HS-WA100+ non Z-Wave companion switch but received a Z-Wave Dragon WS100 instead, contact Aartech.ca to get a replacement.
    Done. Thanks for your help by the way! Now, I'm going to try to make this double tap work since I've few switchs that work :-)

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by bandaid View Post
    I'm really starting to get disappointed with the product... I've bought everything from www.aartech.ca because I want to avoid the brokerage fees. I bought switches, dimmers and companions. After doing the installation and going crazy about it because the companions were not working in the three way, Homeseer support found out that it was labeled and packaged has Homeseer wall companion WA-100+ but they were in fack HS-WS100+ that have been mislabel. To avoid time, problems and everything, I've manage to keep them since I was going to place an other order for some other stuff and since I was thinking that they were Homeseer products...

Even the lamp module is shown as a DragonTech equipment...
    We did have a small batch of switches that were mis-manufactured. If you ordered a HomeSeer HS-WA100+ non Z-Wave companion switch but received a Z-Wave Dragon WS100 instead, contact Aartech.ca to get a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• bandaid
    replied
    Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    I don't think you bought a Homeseer switch. I don't remember them ever saying dragontech like your screenshot shows.

The homeseer switches have the firmware for the double and triple tap... the dragontechs do not.
    I'm really starting to get disappointed with the product... I've bought everything from www.aartech.ca because I want to avoid the brokerage fees. I bought switches, dimmers and companions. After doing the installation and going crazy about it because the companions were not working in the three way, Homeseer support found out that it was labeled and packaged has Homeseer wall companion WA-100+ but they were in fack HS-WS100+ that have been mislabel. To avoid time, problems and everything, I've manage to keep them since I was going to place an other order for some other stuff and since I was thinking that they were Homeseer products...

Even the lamp module is shown as a DragonTech equipment...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X