X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjh
    replied
    The switches do not support the Z-Wave security class.

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    Are these switches using encryption by default? Or does it need to be enabled?

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    I got it. Had to delete and rediscover. Using Z-Troller.

Really like the new switch. Relatively easy to install also. Not so much marshmellow in piggy bank stuff.

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    No, just delete the HomeSeer device(s) for it and try an import. I would recommend switching to a Z-NET or SmartStick+ too.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I was goofing with updating the Z-Wave dot me GPIO device last week using a configured microSD card with Zee wave dot me software on it. Whatever I did to the zwave network with the software made it such that Homeseer could see the network but not talk to the network. That said I loaded up the zwave me software and noticed I enabled encryption. So I disabled it and reloaded up the Zee-2 software and all was well.

Is there a switch on the HS3 plugin which enables or disabled zwave encryption?

I do that ramp up thing with the UPB lighting hard setting the ramp up times with Upstart; it is nice option to have.

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Originally posted by S-F View Post
    Yes. This too is an extremely important feature for me. I would go so far as to say it would make or break the deal.
    Same here. It is making me think twice. I will buy one to try it and see if I can find my own work around. Would rather it be a built in feature.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    +1 on wanting to be able to ramp up remotely when turning switch on. I too do this all the time to save the life of bulbs.

Yes. This too is an extremely important feature for me. I would go so far as to say it would make or break the deal.

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Encryted?

Are these switches using encryption by default? Or does it need to be enabled?

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    We are noting the requests. When we work on an update we will post the features we plan on adding and maybe put up a poll to gauge interest. No need adding a feature that only a couple of users care about. Nice thing about the switches is that they can updated by the user.
    +1 on wanting to be able to ramp up remotely when turning switch on. I too do this all the time to save the life of bulbs.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    Done that a couple of times. No child devices are created. The switch is physically maybe 50 feet away from the Z-Troller. Are you suggesting that I delete it from the controller and then reimport?
    No, just delete the HomeSeer device(s) for it and try an import. I would recommend switching to a Z-NET or SmartStick+ too.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Done that a couple of times. No child devices are created. The switch is physically maybe 50 feet away from the Z-Troller. Are you suggesting that I delete it from the controller and then reimport?

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    The error looks like a communication error, how far is the switch from the controller? Since it is added, optimize it, then rescan it and see if the error is still there. You might need to delete any HS devices it created, then do an import so they are created properly.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    We are noting the requests. When we work on an update we will post the features we plan on adding and maybe put up a poll to gauge interest. No need adding a feature that only a couple of users care about. Nice thing about the switches is that they can updated by the user.

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
    It's software, so everyone's personal preferences should be able to be met! For these switches and the preferences discussed, I think ideally there should be separate configs for LED behavior (persistence, leave one on while load is off, others?), local tap up ramp rate, local tap down ramp rate, local press/hold up ramp rate, local press/hold down ramp rate, and per-Zwave command ramp rates up and down so it could be different for different events. Not sure if that last one could be done with existing Z-Wave standard, I haven't read up on it yet. Like Rich mentioned, I use motion control for most of these and want them to come on quick in that case so I don't stumble over something, but would also like to see slower ramp in some scenarios for bulb longevity (for those controlling old school bulbs) and professional appearance like Wayne described.

All that said, I'm also pleased with these switches. When I first looked at Z-Wave switches a few years back the price points were significantly higher and they did less, so I only bought a couple. The double tap and instant status ability sold these Homeseer switches for me when I saw the "Coming Soon" notice about them and I bought 12 to evaluate on the first day they went on sale. Those features let me replicate what I did on my old Switchlincs but even better, faster and more reliable. Happy camper here.

Leave a comment:

• jhearty
    replied
    Thanks. Are you using a Z-troller? I can't see from your post.
    Zee S2, Raspberry Pi based tiny controller, linux based with the Z-Wave plus chip built in. Starting to feel the pinch of the the 5 plug-in limit but other than that happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    The error looks like a communication error, how far is the switch from the controller? Since it is added, optimize it, then rescan it and see if the error is still there. You might need to delete any HS devices it created, then do an import so they are created properly.

Just got one to try out. Gotta say it's much faster than the switch it replaced.
    However, I"m getting an error when I rescan the device.

PHP Code:
    Apr-28 4:08:26 PM         Z-Wave    Node9 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2SWITCH_ALLPROTECTION
    Apr
    -28 4:08:26 PM         Z-Wave Warning    Node 9 does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communications problem.
    Apr-28 4:08:26 PM         Z-Wave    Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list... 
    This is with the latest Z-Wave plugin and HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208 using a Z-Troller. I have no instant status, or any settings other than the 'all on and all off' setting.

Anyone else having this problem?

Leave a comment:

• jhearty
    replied
    Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    His solution works well for local control which has never been an issue for me. I just think it weird that at the switch it comes on and off nice and smooth, but if you turn it on from HS, it goes to 100 percent instantly, and turns off slowly. Why?

My ides would take into account everyone's needs. If you want it to be on quickly, site the ramp rate low.

I know there is personal preference all around and you can't make everyone happy. As I stated above, overall I am very happy with the switch and will order more.

Only concern I would have about setting the switch to 1 percent to make the LED lit is longevity of not only the switch, but also the bulbs connected. Though they won't turn on, power is still running to them. But this might be me being overly sensitive and it's a non-issue.
    It's software, so everyone's personal preferences should be able to be met! For these switches and the preferences discussed, I think ideally there should be separate configs for LED behavior (persistence, leave one on while load is off, others?), local tap up ramp rate, local tap down ramp rate, local press/hold up ramp rate, local press/hold down ramp rate, and per-Zwave command ramp rates up and down so it could be different for different events. Not sure if that last one could be done with existing Z-Wave standard, I haven't read up on it yet. Like Rich mentioned, I use motion control for most of these and want them to come on quick in that case so I don't stumble over something, but would also like to see slower ramp in some scenarios for bulb longevity (for those controlling old school bulbs) and professional appearance like Wayne described.

All that said, I'm also pleased with these switches. When I first looked at Z-Wave switches a few years back the price points were significantly higher and they did less, so I only bought a couple. The double tap and instant status ability sold these Homeseer switches for me when I saw the "Coming Soon" notice about them and I bought 12 to evaluate on the first day they went on sale. Those features let me replicate what I did on my old Switchlincs but even better, faster and more reliable. Happy camper here.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Thanks. Are you using a Z-troller? I can't see from your post.

Leave a comment:

• jhearty
    replied
    Below are my logs after a rescan of one of my dimmers. I'm on a beta of the Z-Wave plugin, 3.0.1.71. Latest version is now .74.

Apr-28 4:22:41 PM Z-Wave 2 out of 2 Child devices of node 19 were created successfully.
    Apr-28 4:22:40 PM Z-Wave Programming device First Floor Dining nook Dining nook light Root (19) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
    Apr-28 4:22:25 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (1 groups) from Node 19...
    Apr-28 4:22:25 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 19 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
    Apr-28 4:22:25 PM Z-Wave Node 19 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 1
    Apr-28 4:22:24 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 19
    Apr-28 4:22:24 PM Z-Wave Node 19 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Apr-28 4:22:24 PM Z-Wave Node 19 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.05 App: 5.13
    Apr-28 4:22:23 PM Z-Wave Node: 19 Controls Class(es): CENTRAL_SCENE
    Apr-28 4:22:23 PM Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, SWITCH_ALL, CONFIGURATION, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, CENTRAL_SCENE, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3
    Apr-28 4:22:23 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Apr-28 4:22:23 PM Z-Wave Found 33 Z-Wave nodes
    Apr-28 4:22:23 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network EA4CD7FF...

Current Date/Time: 4/28/2016 4:26:43 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 3 Days 18 Hours 52 Minutes 25 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.32
    Number of Devices: 141
    Number of Events: 106

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5920.36174: UltraM1G3
    3.0.0.49: weatherXML
    3.0.1.71: Z-Wave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X