Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer lighting is Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I got it. Had to delete and rediscover. Using Z-Troller.

    Really like the new switch. Relatively easy to install also. Not so much marshmellow in piggy bank stuff.

    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    No, just delete the HomeSeer device(s) for it and try an import. I would recommend switching to a Z-NET or SmartStick+ too.
    Don

    Comment


    • The switches do not support the Z-Wave security class.

      Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
      Are these switches using encryption by default? Or does it need to be enabled?
      website | buy now | support | youtube

      Comment


      • Security is done per device, there is no switch in HS3. We do offer a "non-scure" add option where you can add a device without using security, useful for battery devices.

        Originally posted by Pete View Post
        I was goofing with updating the Z-Wave dot me GPIO device last week using a configured microSD card with Zee wave dot me software on it. Whatever I did to the zwave network with the software made it such that Homeseer could see the network but not talk to the network. That said I loaded up the zwave me software and noticed I enabled encryption. So I disabled it and reloaded up the Zee-2 software and all was well.

        Is there a switch on the HS3 plugin which enables or disabled zwave encryption?

        I do that ramp up thing with the UPB lighting hard setting the ramp up times with Upstart; it is nice option to have.
        website | buy now | support | youtube

        Comment


        • Thank you Rich.
          - Pete

          Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

          X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

          Comment


          • I finished installing these in my entire house, 25 WD100s, 12 WS100s and some WA100 slaves to go with both WS and WD switches. No issues with the WD100s at all. Three of the WS100s had the same on/off/on local control issue I reported earlier on this thread (25% defect rate). Two are running ceiling fans and the issue is not noticeable so I left them in. The other is for porch lights and Homeseer sent a replacement which is working fine.

            Lots of events written to control these including motion on & delayed off, single & double tap on and off events, all appear to be working as expected. I'm quite happy with the switches overall. They are IMO better than anything else out there and the price points were low enough to convince me to do the whole house. Bye bye X10.

            John

            Comment


            • Anyone figure out how to issue unpair command without a power reset?

              Comment


              • Recently bought ~45 switches cant install them yet. Hope I don't get any failures.

                Comment


                • Can't get double tap

                  Hello guys,

                  I'm still new with Homeseer and I've a hard time to get the double and triple tap working. I think that everything is up to date... Can any body give me a clue?

                  I'm working with a Smarstick + and the new Homeseer Lightning Ws100 +(Version: 3,95 (Unknown) Firmware: 5.7 Hardware: 255)

                  Thanks!
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • Hello guys!

                    I'm still new at this so... It's probably a noob question. I'm working with a Smartstick + and Homeseer WS-100 + and I can't get the double or triple tap feature on the controller. I think everything is up to date...


                    Zwave plugin is 3.0.1.76
                    HS100+ is on Version: 3,95 (Unknown) Firmware: 5.7 Hardware: 255

                    Can anybody give me a clue about it?

                    Thanks
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • For each switch you should get 3 HS3 devices if they added properly. You may have them, but have them hidden with your device filters - check that first.

                      You are looking for one each of device types:

                      - Z-Wave Switch Multilevel Root Device
                      - Z-Wave Central Scene
                      - Z-Wave Switch Multilevel

                      You are currently only seeing the 3rd one in your screenshot.

                      It's the Central Scene one that shows the different multi-tap statuses and that you use in your events to drive other things.

                      If these devices are not just hidden, try re-scanning them from the Z-Wave tab of the ones that you can see. If that fails, try excluding them from the Z-Wave network and then re-adding them.
                      cheeryfool

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bandaid View Post
                        Hello guys!

                        I'm still new at this so... It's probably a noob question. I'm working with a Smartstick + and Homeseer WS-100 + and I can't get the double or triple tap feature on the controller. I think everything is up to date...


                        Zwave plugin is 3.0.1.76
                        HS100+ is on Version: 3,95 (Unknown) Firmware: 5.7 Hardware: 255

                        Can anybody give me a clue about it?

                        Thanks
                        There should be 3 devices for each switch; a root device, control device and central scene device. It should look like the screen shot in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=15

                        Also, this is the version information you should be seeing: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 5.13

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          For each switch you should get 3 HS3 devices if they added properly. You may have them, but have them hidden with your device filters - check that first.

                          You are looking for one each of device types:

                          - Z-Wave Switch Multilevel Root Device
                          - Z-Wave Central Scene
                          - Z-Wave Switch Multilevel

                          You are currently only seeing the 3rd one in your screenshot.

                          It's the Central Scene one that shows the different multi-tap statuses and that you use in your events to drive other things.

                          If these devices are not just hidden, try re-scanning them from the Z-Wave tab of the ones that you can see. If that fails, try excluding them from the Z-Wave network and then re-adding them.
                          Hello,

                          Thanks for your help, I've tried the 3 solutions but doesn't seem like working.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by macromark View Post
                            There should be 3 devices for each switch; a root device, control device and central scene device. It should look like the screen shot in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=15

                            Also, this is the version information you should be seeing: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 5.13
                            Your talking about the que version of the HS3 or about the switch?

                            Thanks :-)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bandaid View Post
                              Hello,

                              Thanks for your help, I've tried the 3 solutions but doesn't seem like working.
                              Do you have a HomeSeer switch or a Dragon Tech switch? Please post your node information. It should look something like this:
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by macromark View Post
                                There should be 3 devices for each switch; a root device, control device and central scene device. It should look like the screen shot in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=15

                                Also, this is the version information you should be seeing: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 5.13
                                Originally posted by macromark View Post
                                Do you have a HomeSeer switch or a Dragon Tech switch? Please post your node information. It should look something like this:
                                Hello again!

                                1- Homeseer Smartstick +
                                2- Homeseer Z-Wave Plug-In HS-PD100+
                                4- Homeseer HS-WS100 +

                                Original products... But it doesn't appear like it lol
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X