Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer lighting is Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I haven't installed my WD100+ yet, but with my GE switches, I had to break off the metal tabs (designed for that) to get two to fit together. . .

    Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    I purchased and installed 1 WD100+ to replace a Smarthome 2476D using X10. It is installed in a double gang box.

    As far as the switch is concerned, I like the look and physical feel when pressing the top and bottom, very solid. I am still using HS2, would this be the reason for limited to no programmable options, ie: ramp rate?

    The other issue I had, this is a deal breaker if true. As I stated, this is installed in double gang box. I replaced one switch, the other is also a Smarthome 2476D. Both switches would not fit in the box together.

    Anyone else having an issue with this? If two WD100+ switches double gang box or four in a quad, will they fit properly? No matter what I tried, put the Homeseer switch in first, the Smarthome switch in first, try to install both slowly at the same time, could not get both in. I had to put an old Leviton Decora switch in the Smarthome switch's place to get the Homeseer switch installed.

    Amy feedback on installing multiple switches would be appreciated.

    Other than the physical install issue, really like the switch.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
      I purchased and installed 1 WD100+ to replace a Smarthome 2476D using X10. It is installed in a double gang box.

      As far as the switch is concerned, I like the look and physical feel when pressing the top and bottom, very solid. I am still using HS2, would this be the reason for limited to no programmable options, ie: ramp rate?

      The other issue I had, this is a deal breaker if true. As I stated, this is installed in double gang box. I replaced one switch, the other is also a Smarthome 2476D. Both switches would not fit in the box together.

      Anyone else having an issue with this? If two WD100+ switches double gang box or four in a quad, will they fit properly? No matter what I tried, put the Homeseer switch in first, the Smarthome switch in first, try to install both slowly at the same time, could not get both in. I had to put an old Leviton Decora switch in the Smarthome switch's place to get the Homeseer switch installed.

      Amy feedback on installing multiple switches would be appreciated.

      Other than the physical install issue, really like the switch.
      Yep, I have one box on an exterior wall (metal box) that is slightly narrower then 2 HS switch bodies. I was forced to use a standard light switch for one of the lights in that box.

      The HS switches are dimensionally identical to the standard GE/Jasco ZW4001 type switches. ~43.77w x 70.65h x 35.80d (from heatsink to back)
      RJ_Make On YouTube

      Comment


      • Z-Wave Settings?

        In my review I've notices the timer setting is fixed at 3? Is this a bug, or a feature?
        Attached Files
        RJ_Make On YouTube

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          I haven't installed my WD100+ yet, but with my GE switches, I had to break off the metal tabs (designed for that) to get two to fit together. . .


          When I installed the switch I broke off the fins on right for the center of switch. Unfortunately not the issue.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
            The other issue I had, this is a deal breaker if true. As I stated, this is installed in double gang box. I replaced one switch, the other is also a Smarthome 2476D. Both switches would not fit in the box together.

            Anyone else having an issue with this? If two WD100+ switches double gang box or four in a quad, will they fit properly? No matter what I tried, put the Homeseer switch in first, the Smarthome switch in first, try to install both slowly at the same time, could not get both in. I had to put an old Leviton Decora switch in the Smarthome switch's place to get the Homeseer switch installed.

            Amy feedback on installing multiple switches would be appreciated.

            Other than the physical install issue, really like the switch.
            Yes, you must break off the tabs. I installed dozens of these switches. Even with tabs broken off, it is tight fitting three together in a triple gang box, but it worked for me in several triple gang boxes. Double gang you have a bit more wiggle room.

            John

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
              In my review I've notices the timer setting is fixed at 3? Is this a bug, or a feature?
              Looks like you found a bug. I just tried setting that for the first time and see the same behavior, it changes back to 3 after you click the Set button. When you go to change it again it seems like it remembers what you tried to set it to last time, but the change does not appear to make it to the switch based on the obvserved local ramp rate. The step setting above it does let you change the overall ramp rate, observed ramp rate changes.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jhearty View Post
                Yes, you must break off the tabs. I installed dozens of these switches. Even with tabs broken off, it is tight fitting three together in a triple gang box, but it worked for me in several triple gang boxes. Double gang you have a bit more wiggle room.

                John
                Well that will be fun replacing a bunch of X10 switches. Especially in quad boxes...... It looks like it would fit, just don't get why it would not fit with the Smarthome switch.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                  Well that will be fun replacing a bunch of X10 switches. Especially in quad boxes...... It looks like it would fit, just don't get why it would not fit with the Smarthome switch.


                  That does look to be a very small old style metal box. If that's dry wall you might find one of those "old work" plastic boxes they sell at Lowes and HD a quick problem solver. I have installed many of those to replace slightly smaller old boxes and I don't have a problem fitting 2 & 3 of this style switches in the respective 2 & 3 gang boxes.
                  cheeryfool

                  Comment


                  • I would also buy the extra deep boxes to leave room for the rats nest of wires you likely have in a 3 or 4 gang box, especially given these are quite deep switches. N
                    cheeryfool

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                      I would also buy the extra deep boxes to leave room for the rats nest of wires you likely have in a 3 or 4 gang box, especially given these are quite deep switches. N
                      Yea, all my boxes are extra deep. Our house was more or less gutted 12 years ago after a fire.

                      Village code specifies metal boxes and conduit so no go on replacing with plastic. I could get away with it until we sell the house in the future.

                      I'm thinking the rounded corners of the mud ring are my issue. Anyone think it would be viable to take a metal file and file out the rounded corners?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ferraf View Post
                        thanks, I'll wait a little while for the firmware update instead of uninstalling and going through all the shipping and time to get a new one....

                        Thanks, Fred
                        Originally posted by macrho View Post
                        I'm having the same issues, on/off/on on a few switches. I'd be happy to test the firmware instead of yanking them out of the wall
                        We have firmware to test. If you want to give it a whirl, send me an email (mark at homeseer.com)

                        Comment


                        • This is fixed, try the latest release, if its not fixed there, the fix will be in the update.

                          Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                          In my review I've notices the timer setting is fixed at 3? Is this a bug, or a feature?
                          website | buy now | support | youtube

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            This is fixed, try the latest release, if its not fixed there, the fix will be in the update.
                            Ok, so I am a newbie to all of this and this and this will be my first post, so if this is a stupid question I apologize. When you say "try the latest release", where can updates to the firmware to the switches be downloaded? I have installed 3 sets (HS-WD100+ with HS-WA100+) and love them. Of course needing power at the switch is a challenge in a 40 year old house, so it is taking a bit more work than expected to get everything installed. By the time I am done I will have re-wired most of the house.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              This is fixed, try the latest release, if its not fixed there, the fix will be in the update.
                              Updated Z-Wave plugin from 3.0.1.76 to 3.0.1.77. Issue was the same after the .77 update. By "the fix will be in the update." do you mean one coming soon? Or beta? I saw a 3.0.1.80 in the Internal Test section but the disclaimer at the top made me stop.

                              John

                              Current Date/Time: 5/19/2016 7:34:05 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
                              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 22 Hours 16 Minutes 45 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.0.32
                              Number of Devices: 195
                              Number of Events: 166
                              Available Threads: 399

                              Enabled Plug-Ins
                              3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                              3.0.5959.34353: UltraM1G3
                              3.0.0.50: weatherXML
                              3.0.1.77: Z-Wave

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jhearty View Post
                                Updated Z-Wave plugin from 3.0.1.76 to 3.0.1.77. Issue was the same after the .77 update. By "the fix will be in the update." do you mean one coming soon? Or beta? I saw a 3.0.1.80 in the Internal Test section but the disclaimer at the top made me stop.

                                John

                                Current Date/Time: 5/19/2016 7:34:05 PM
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
                                Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 22 Hours 16 Minutes 45 Seconds
                                IP Address: 192.168.0.32
                                Number of Devices: 195
                                Number of Events: 166
                                Available Threads: 399

                                Enabled Plug-Ins
                                3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                                3.0.5959.34353: UltraM1G3
                                3.0.0.50: weatherXML
                                3.0.1.77: Z-Wave
                                The fix will be a firmware update for the switch. To install the update, you'll need Z-Wave plug-in .80 or higher. We are testing this now and expect to roll it out pretty quickly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X