This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottrow View Post
    Any word on if the homeseer switches will be available in other colors like ivory or if there will be user replaceable faceplates?
    well I can confirm no toggle style faceplate as was told in this thread.. thus I am going to be revving up to buy jasco/ge zwave toggles.. 16+ switches and 8 add-on switches (3way)
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

• Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
      well I can confirm no toggle style faceplate as was told in this thread.. thus I am going to be revving up to buy jasco/ge zwave toggles.. 16+ switches and 8 add-on switches (3way)
      Jeff
      You should try out one of the Aeon Micro switches. From what I read, you keep your regular toggle switches and you get the z-wave benefit as well. I dont have one, but am tempted to get one to try out.
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Any word on if the homeseer switches will be available in other colors like ivory or if there will be user replaceable faceplates?
        Our minimum manufacturing run would require 15,000 trimpates, so this is on hold for now.
        website | products | support | youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Jeff
          You should try out one of the Aeon Micro switches. From what I read, you keep your regular toggle switches and you get the z-wave benefit as well. I dont have one, but am tempted to get one to try out.
          What I dont know is if the switch is off.. how it is to get power... so turn a light on with normal switch off...
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

• Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Jeff
            They work great with one exception - you need to have room in the box for one of these. I have one and had tried to implement it in a single box that had a couple of feeders going into and out and there just wasn't enough room for all in there. Should be fine in a ganged box though.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• Originally posted by macromark View Post
              Our minimum manufacturing run would require 15,000 trimpates, so this is on hold for now.
              So if you did do a manufacturing run does that mean I could replace the trim on my white ones or would I have to buy a whole new switch with the trim and paddle? Just trying to understand if I could potentially easily swap out cover and trim at some point or if its a completely new switch. It is not clear when holding switch in hand if it can be replaced.

Comment

So if you did do a manufacturing run does that mean I could replace the trim on my white ones or would I have to buy a whole new switch with the trim and paddle? Just trying to understand if I could potentially easily swap out cover and trim at some point or if its a completely new switch. It is not clear when holding switch in hand if it can be replaced.
                Yes, the existing paddle and trim ring can be replaced. Still on hold though!

Comment

• Any chance the paddle can be replaced with a toggle?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by epimetheus View Post
                    Any chance the paddle can be replaced with a toggle?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                    first page post 17 bud...

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TeleFragger
                    you know my question...

are you planning on getting any in a toggle style? id be in if so...

macromark

sorry... no plans for that at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by kesterf View Post
                      Any plans to offer in color "Light Almond"?
                      Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Not initially. Perhaps later in the year.
                      Macromark,

Back in March you though there was a possibility of offering "Light Almond". Is Homeseer any closer to adding "light almond" paddles? Other manufactures have been slow rolling out Z-Wave Plus products. GE just released some Z-Wave Plus switches in other colors, but no dimmers yet. I hate to buy "old" tech just to get the color I need, so I continue to standby

Forrest

Comment

• Originally posted by kesterf View Post
                        Macromark,

Back in March you though there was a possibility of offering "Light Almond". Is Homeseer any closer to adding "light almond" paddles? Other manufactures have been slow rolling out Z-Wave Plus products. GE just released some Z-Wave Plus switches in other colors, but no dimmers yet. I hate to buy "old" tech just to get the color I need, so I continue to standby

Forrest
                        Forrest - this is on hold for now as the minimum production run would require a purchase of 15,000 trimplates.

Comment

• Would selling spare white trim plates be an option?

I'd like to play around around with automotive dye (SEM Color Coat, etc), but it's kind of expensive to do so right now since the plates are not sold separately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swap_File View Post
                            Would selling spare white trim plates be an option?

I'd like to play around around with automotive dye (SEM Color Coat, etc), but it's kind of expensive to do so right now since the plates are not sold separately.
                            I'm going to assume since these are made by dragon tech and not HS that they don't have the option to buy (or resale) parts.
                            Since they are not made by HS or even strictly for HS that they don't have to much pull or options in the matter, which is probley why they were given a huge production number to even request a different color.

Comment

• Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              I'm going to assume since these are made by dragon tech and not HS that they don't have the option to buy (or resale) parts.
                              Since they are not made by HS or even strictly for HS that they don't have to much pull or options in the matter, which is probley why they were given a huge production number to even request a different color.
                              And Dragon Tech seems to have disappeared, or at least appears to no longer be importing switches to the USA. http://dragontechind.com/

I'll have to keep an eye out for similar hardware to grab plastic paddles from, or maybe just test on some cheap normal switches first.

Comment

• Do these switches support direct association or not? The documentation is super confusing, some saying it does, others saying that group one is for deletion only whatever that means.

Comment

Working...
                                X